When Marist College students are craving Asian food the first place they think of is Yeung Ho. But that’s not the only place to find good eats in Poughkeepsie.

Students, locals and visitors alike should all go to Pad Mango when they have a craving for Thai food. Born and raised in San Gabriel Valley, California, I know real Asian food when I taste it. In other words, I was relieved to find an authentic Thai restaurant so far from home in upstate New York.

To any Marist students who want the real deal when they get a Thai food craving, I strongly recommend walking across the street from campus to Pad Mango.

pad mango

Photo by Vivian Wang

One of their most popular dishes is, not surprisingly, Pad Thai—made of rice noodles, sautéed eggs, scallions, bean curd, grounded peanuts, bean sprouts, and your choice of protein. Aside from the fact that it is extremely delicious, it can also be found on Pad Mango’s lunch menu, which serves a list of dishes at a discounted price on weekdays.

pad mango

Photo by Vivian Wang

When I went to Pad Mango, my server was more than understanding about putting the sauce, peanuts, and substituting the way the shrimp was cooked in order to fit my friend’s dietary needs. Pad Mango’s employees are happy to comply to any of your dietary restrictions and also several scrumptious salad and vegetarian options to choose from.

pad mango

Photo by Vivian Wang

Pad Mango is conveniently located right across the street from Marist’s campus, next to the Red Fox Eatery. It is also a great place if you just want a quiet place to work, you can just order a Thai iced tea and enjoy Pad Mango’s free WiFi. So next time you’re feeling adventurous, or hangry for some decent Asian food, try Pad Mango.