Last week, our Spoon Chapter's Executive group headed to one of our favorite restaurants in Winston Salem - Taco Mama! From their vegan-friendly menu, to their fresh ingredients, to their speedy and friendly service, our group collectively agreed this was the best place to meet. Those of us who are of age were especially excited to try their seasonal Blood Orange Margarita! 

What we ordered:

My personal favorite order is a shrimp Build Your Own Salad Bowl with cilantro lime vinaigrette. This salad is as big as it is delicious! The best part of this is the unlimited toppings - I usually get cilantro-lime rice, grilled onions, roasted corn, pico de gallo, cilantro, and guacamole.  

The Sizzler was another popular meal in the group. This order includes two tacos, chips and salsa, and one side. The tacos have grilled tenderloin, grilled onions, avocado, lettuce, tomatoes, red chile butter sauce, and queso fresco. We got Mexican Mac & Cheese, Queso, Guacamole, and Cilantro-Lime Rice. None of us had gotten the mac & cheese before, but it was amazing, and I'm excited to try it again. 

Another one of our members ordered The Tree Hugger: a vegan burrito with cilantro-lime rice, black beans, roasted corn, grilled onions, lettuce, tomato, avocado, and mild salsa rancheros, which also comes with chips and salsa and a side. This bowl is just one example of Taco Mama's vegan options. Unlike other Mexican restaurants, Taco Mama's vegan options are flavorful and well seasoned. 

The Star: the Blood Orange Margarita

Taco Mama has our personal favorite margaritas in Winston-Salem, and they typically have seasonal flavors to try. Right now, they have watermelon and blood orange. Some of our exec members ordered the blood orange and said it was delicious! It has a bit of a tang with just the right amount of sweetness. Sometimes margaritas are full of artificial sugar, but these are made with fresh, real ingredients. Customers have the option of sugar or salt rim, but our group chose the salt. It complemented the tart blood orange perfectly. Everyone who tried it is looking forward to ordering the blood orange again! 

Want to learn more about the Taco Mama experience? Check out this article here!