Off the Waffle is every Eugenian’s favorite brunch spot. The Off the Waffle business recently celebrated their tenth year anniversary with live music, free waffles, and much more.

Juliette Tisseur

Off The Waffle was founded by two brothers, Omer and Dave, and later joined by their father Shimon. Omer and Dave fell in love with waffles after growing up in Belgium. After years of traveling, they finally settled down in Eugene, OR. The two brothers began their business by selling waffles out of their living room in 2009. Eventually, they opened two locations in Eugene and one in Portland. 

One of Off the Waffles biggest selling point is that they have something for everyone. Sweet waffles, savory waffles, or a combination of both are offered. If you're someone who doesn't like waffles they also offer an omelet, however, we would definitely recommend sticking with their famous Liège waffles!

Juliette Tisseur
Juliette Tisseur
Juliette Tisseur
Juliette Tisseur

What About The Waffles?

Off the Waffle does not serve your typical breakfast waffles, they serve Liège waffles! A little background- Liège waffles originated in Belgium and are unique because of their sweetness and batter. Instead of a liquid dough, they are made from a brioche dough. Kind of like a cinnamon roll and bread dough combo. Another trait about the waffle is that it has pearl sugar in the batter, making it sweet and fluffy! YUMMMM :)

Juliette Tisseur
Juliette Tisseur
Juliette Tisseur

At Off the Waffle they cook their waffles for exactly 3 minutes and then top them off with some of their sweet and/or savory toppings, such as goat cheese, classic banana and Nutella, and bacon!

Most Popular Waffle: The Goat in Headlights

Be careful you are going to be blinded by the flavors this waffle will offer! It is a Liege waffle topped with goat cheese, avocado slices, two eggs, and sprinkles of fresh basil, maple syrup, and paprika. Sweet and savory never tasted or looked so good!!

Juliette Tisseur
Juliette Tisseur

During the 10th Anniversary, they offered a FREE Peaches and Cream waffle! FREE! I can't think of a better way to celebrate than with a waffle covered in delicious peaches and topped off with fresh homemade whip cream! 

Juliette Tisseur
Juliette Tisseur

Here's to 10 more years of serving up some of the most delicious Liege waffles in Eugene and Oregon

Look at all their tasty goodies and events coming up on their website