There ain’t no party like a food truck party – especially one that’s only a BART stop away.

Off the Grid holds weekly food truck markets at various locations around the Bay. Many of the food trucks function solely through traveling food service, but some are based from local restaurants. The food trucks offer extremely delicious food, and although a bit more expensive than your average college cuisine, the experience is worth every penny. The North Berkeley market is located in the North Berkeley BART parking lot. It’s a great place to go on a date, or as I did, eat dinner with a group of friends.

Off the Grid

Photo by Jessica He

On this dinner adventure with my friends, we saw food trucks for Cupkates, Eurobistro, Bacon Bacon, Liba Falafel, No Worries, The Taco Guys, Docs of the Bay and Voodoo VanAlthough everything was tempting, we had to make wise and strategic choices about what to get. You can’t just go to a food truck market and not attempt to try everything!

Off the Grid

Photo by Jessica He

We started off with a fish taco from The Taco Guys, and it had possibly the best tortilla and chipotle mayo I had ever tasted.

Next, came the sandwiches. Liba Falafel had heavily stuffed falafel sandwiches, which came with seasoned sweet potato fries sprinkled with feta. There was also a sauce and toppings bar included. Voodoo Van had a bunch of interesting sandwiches like the homemade meatloaf with spicy baby arugula.

Let’s not forget the fries. Docs of the Bay had fries that were seasoned (with rosemary? thyme? I still don’t know their secret.) and that came with an amazing side of homemade red bell pepper ketchup.

Last but not least, a pecan cupcake and a pumpkin cupcake from Cupkates topped off the night. One was light and fluffy, while the other was dense and moist, so there was something for everyone.

Off the Grid

Photo by Jessica He

The other food trucks were also offering some delicious food. Eurobistro had pasta and brunch plates; Bacon Bacon (as you could guess) had bacon in everything, and No Worries featured some great vegan lumpia.

The best part? The trucks change each time, so you never know what you’re going to get!

Interested in more? Check out Off the Grid‘s website.

average

Location: North Berkeley BART Parking Lot
Hours: 5pm – 8pm