If you’re looking for some of the best views of New York City, look no further than the highest floors of skyscrapers. The city-scape can be seen for miles from these NYC rooftop restaurants, and the views make me want to stay forever. Sometimes, though, these restaurants are not meant for the winter months (because NYC can get pretty cold). These places get that, and make it easy for you to stay warm and enjoy killer views all year long.

1. The Lodge at Gallow Green

Location: 530 W 27th St., New York, NY

The Lodge is located all the way at the top of the McKittrick Hotel and offers endless views of Manhattan, the Hudson River, and the highline. During the winter months, it turns into a super cozy spot for both brunch and dinner.

2. The Ides at the Wythe Hotel

Location: 80 Wythe Ave, Brooklyn, NY

If you’re looking for an artsy rooftop bar with views of the east side of Manhattan, Ides at the Wythe Hotel in Williamsburg is the place for you. You can stay warm in their enclosed space this winter, sipping some hot cocktails. 

3. Kimoto Rooftop

Location: 216 Duffield St, Brooklyn, NY

Another Brooklyn hotspot, Kimoto Rooftop has a killer panoramic view along with the most trendy and tasty Asian foods. Can you say spring rolls, potstickers, and chicken teriyaki? I most certainly can.

4. Social Food and Drink 

Location: 570 10th Ave, New York, NY

This place is definitely the most colorful rooftop restaurant in NYC. Not to mention it’s located on the largest rooftop terrace in the city, so feel free to bring everyone you know. Did I mention they also have a build your own pizza option on this menu? Yep. ‘Nuf said.

5. Bookmarks Rooftop Lounge

Location: 99 Madison Ave #14, New York, NY 

Okay, so maybe you’re a bookworm who’s looking to celebrate literature and an incredible NYC view. Bookmarks Rooftop Lounge, located on the 14th floor of the Library Hotel. It soffers literary inspired cocktails with names such as The Pulitzer and The Sleepy Hollow, along with an incredible view of Manhattan.

6. Hotel Chantelle

Location: 92 Ludlow St, New York, NY
All of you brunch lovers, this one’s for you. The rooftop at Hotel Chantelle will make you feel like you stepped out of Manhattan and onto the streets of France, except you’ll never feel the chill of either city with the retractable roof. So brunch on, New Yorkers.

7. Haven Rooftop 

Location: 132 W 47th St, New York, NY

This Midtown favorite is located in the heart of Times Square — so the views from the Haven Rooftop are absolutely insane. Known for their signature dishes like the Tuna Tower, Crab and Avocado Palette, and Poulet Cajun, this restaurant should definitely make it onto your bucket list.

8. The Top of The Standard

Location: 848 Washington St, New York, NY

The Top of The Standard truly has it all. It has a view, yummy food, classic drinks, and even offers live jazz music at night. Spending time here is a great winter date night. 

9. Cantina Rooftop

Location: 605 W 48th St, New York, NY

Let me start by saying that this place has four types of guac. No matter how you’re feeling, they’ve got you covered will all of your Mexican favorites. Plus, there’s nothing cooler than a glass retractable roof. 

Now that you are fully equipped to take on NYC — one rooftop at a time — stay warm while doing it. Enjoy.