Opened in August by NYU graduate Marissa Lippert, the West Village’s Nourish Kitchen + Table takes the guesswork out of eating healthy. Lippert, who received her Masters of Science in Clinical Nutrition at NYU and is now a registered dietitian, opened the restaurant as a way to extend the conversation she has with patients about a balance between food and physical health. The restaurant offers simple, delicious food that is good for you.

According to Lippert, one of the missions of Nourish is to show customers that eating healthy is an accessible lifestyle; the food served at Nourish can be made at home in customers’ own kitchens. Eating at Nourish feels a bit like walking into a friend’s kitchen: from the retail wall, which houses locally made kitchen wares and books, to the open kitchen and communal table, you might forget you’re actually eating at a restaurant.

Photo by Caty Schnack

Photo by Caty Schnack

Nourish’s menu, which changes daily, offers a variety of healthy options including a selection of lean proteins, grains, salad and vegetables, sandwiches, soup and a variety of delicious baked goods. Dishes are priced by the item, or diners can opt to create a meal out of the four combo plates that Nourish offers: The Standard ($16) includes a choice of lean protein and two choices of salads, grains or vegetables, The Standard 2.0 ($18) includes one piece of fish and two choices of salads, grains or vegetables and the Daily Detox ($14) is a selection of three salads, grains or vegetables. For those who can’t decide between a soup, sandwich or salad, Nourish also offers the Mix & Match ($11): half a sandwich with a medium portion of a salad, grain or veggie, a half sandwich and a bowl of soup or a medium portion of salad, grain or veggie with a bowl of soup.

nourish kitchen + table

Photo by Caty Schnack

Nourish offers breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as a selection of beer and wine, coffee and the popular Morning Green juice: a fresh-pressed juice made from spinach, celery, grapefruit, pineapple, mint and a bit of jalapeño to speed up metabolism. From Friday to Sunday, Nourish serves their delicious Weekend Reviver sandwich: an egg sandwich with homemade pimiento cheese, avocado and arugula on toasted sourdough ($10). Described as a “hangover helper,” the Weekend Reviver will help whip you back into shape after a late weekend night.

For a study-break snack, lunch to go or a casual dinner with friends, you can always expect to find healthy food at Nourish that will make you feel good and, well, nourished.

average

Location: 95 Greenwich Ave (bet W 12th & Bank)
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday: 7am-10pm, Saturday: 8am to 9pm, Sunday: 8am to 6pm