While Providence is a foodie city, it has been definitely lacking in the bagel department. I mean, coming from Jersey, having bagel places all over is the norm. When I first came to Providence, I was confused because there were far and few decent bagel places in the vicinity. 

Luckily, that has changed with the arrival of Providence Bagel. Offering NY-Style Bagels, Providence Bagel has been the talk of the town for many weeks with much excitement to go around. They have a good location, with a decent sized parking lot, and a drive-thru. This is a rare find in Providence - as usually paid street parking is the only option. 

Their bagels and cream cheese are made in-house using high-quality ingredients. Bagel flavors include Asiago, French Toast, Blueberry, Sunflower, Parmesan, Chocolate Chip, and of course traditional flavors such as Everything, Poppy, and Sesame. Cream Cheese options include Jalapeno, Veggie, Bacon Scallion, Vegan, and Honey Walnut. Other specialty spreads include Nutella and Lox.

Providence Bagel also offers breakfast sandwiches (as any legit bagel place should). Breakfast sandwiches start at $2.50 for an egg on a bagel and go up with additions. For meat lovers, options include bacon, ham, sausage and pork roll. Yes, you heard that right, Pork Roll. AND it's Taylor Ham brand. For my NJ friends, this is clutch ...because we all know the struggle of getting a PEC on an everything bagel. While this is not the only place in Providence you can get Pork Roll (Say Cheese & Ocean State Sandwich Co. both have it), it's nice to have a third option. 

kettle, espresso, tea, coffee
Simone D'Agostino

Along with a variety of breakfast options, there are lunch options as well. Seasonal soup, sandwiches and salads are other options as well. Having a drive-thru as well makes grabbing healthy food during lunch easy and quick.

Finally, no good breakfast place can get by without good quality coffee. Just like many other small-businesses in Providence, Providence Bagel serves Beanstock Coffee, a local coffee distributor from Massachusetts. They offer a variety of drinks such as Cold Brew, Lattes, Cappuccinos and a variety of teas. 

pizza, tea, beer, coffee
Simone D'Agostino

With the rapid opening of many new small food-related businesses, Providence Bagel opened at a prime time. It offers variety on their menu, reasonable prices and a convenient location.

Location:

695 North Main Street

Providence, RI 02904

(401)-422-2222

Hours:

Mon- Fri: 5:00 am- 5:00 pm

Sat- Sun: 6:00 am- 4:00 pm