New year, new me? Probably not, but what is new are these restaurants coming soon to Tallahassee. While we don't have a concrete opening date, these new dining spots are said to open sometime in the next year.

Raising Cane's

Is there such a thing as too many chicken tenders? The answer is always no. Famous for their chicken tenders, Texas toast, and infamous “Canes sauce,” this west coast chain is expanding across the country and has made its way to the sunshine state.

Now I’ll admit, having three locations that specialize in chicken tenders on one street is pretty funny, but hey, at least there's some variety. This location is being built right across the street from Guthries on West Tennessee Street, another Tallahassee staple. I mean, who doesn't love a good ol’ fashioned turf war? Whether you're a die-hard Guthries fan or forever loyal to Chubbies, another famous Tallahassee chicken-based establishment, you should at the very least give Canes a try. Let the battle for chicken tender supremacy on W Tenn commence!

PS: If you want to look like an experienced Raising Cane's diner, you're going to wanna follow these steps. Open the bread, put a tender inside, and pour the cane sauce over it. Trust me.

Here’s How to Make Raising Cane's Sauce with Only 5 Ingredients

Duck Donuts

This is how you market. Get a cute lovable animal as your mascot, pair it with everyone's favorite breakfast dessert, and watch the customers line up. This North Carolina based franchise has committed to only serving cake donuts and is coming to Tallahassee to open our minds to what a donut could be. Duck Donuts follows a made-to-order formula and allows you to customize your own donut on the spot! Have you ever wondered what a blueberry glazed cake donut with a bacon topping and hot fudge drizzle would taste like? I sure as hell didn't and now I may have to go try and make it just because my curiosity will eat at me until I do.

While it specializes in donuts, the menu doesn't end there. Ducks also offers a variety of coffee options as well as ice cream! Let's also not forget their breakfast sandwiches which use plain old-fashioned donuts as the “bread” of course. This location is opening soon in the plaza next to Thomasville Road across the street from the Whole Foods. Make sure to pass by and give them a try once they open to make the donut of your dreams!

Cook Out

This is the one I'm most excited for. This fast food chain opened my eyes to what fast food should be. Cook Out’s incredibly large menu and cheap prices make it a haven for any foodie on a budget or any night owls looking for a great bite to eat after a night out.

I've traveled across the country looking for the best foods and desserts I can get my hands on and believe me when I tell you that one of the best milkshakes I've ever had came from a Cook Out in the middle of nowhere North Carolina. The peach cobbler milkshake made my knees buckle. I almost shed a tear. It was that good.

It was the perfect consistency, not too thick where you have to suck on the straw so hard your cheeks are caving into themselves. Not too thin where you feel like you're drinking melted ice cream. It was just right. The pieces of peach cobbler or whatever peach flavoring and shortbread cookie concoction they put in my shake was life changing. It exceeded my expectations far more than I was expecting and am still chasing the high that that milkshake gave me. I'm glad we live in a democratic society and because of that the people of Tallahassee were able to win themselves their very own Cook Out by outvoting Louisville in Cook Out's official Twitter poll.

It was neck and neck up until the very end but the good guys prevailed. Tallahassee will be the first city in Florida to get a Cook Out. While we unfortunately don’t have a confirmed date on an opening let alone have they even started doing construction, we can at the very least rest peacefully knowing one day soon, we will get a Cook Out. Stay tuned and we will make sure to keep you updated on any Cook Out updates.