Do you know the muffin man? Because I sure do. Actually, I got to know him very well during my time abroad. That’s because out of all of the adorable tea shops in London, The Muffin Man Tea Shop was hands down my favorite place to get a cup of tea and a baked good.

muffin

Photo by Sarah Kimball

While the nursery rhyme may say otherwise, The Muffin Man is located on Wrights Lane, and it’s a perfect place to get some afternoon tea after taking a stroll through Kensington Gardens or saying, “hello” to the Duke and Duchess at Kensington Palace.

muffin

Photo by Sarah Kimball

With British flags, beautiful tea sets, and a gorgeous display of baked goods, the Muffin Man is the quintessential English tea shop that you need to go to in order to have an authentic teatime experience in London.

muffin

Photo by Sarah Kimball

The loose leaf tea served is without a doubt the best tea I have ever tasted, and you can bet I bought some to bring home. While you can’t go wrong with whatever tea you try, I highly recommend getting a classic flavor such as English Breakfast, Earl Grey, or even the Muffin Man’s signature blend. But if you’re looking for something unique, their Redbush Carmel Velvet tea is a decadent option.

muffin

Photo by Sarah Kimball

With cakes, scones, croissants, and, of course, muffins, the Muffin Man knows how to make the best baked goods. Their treats are made fresh each day, and they always have something new to try, so you have to make sure you check out their display case when you walk in.

muffin

Photo by Sarah Kimball

With all of their scrumptious options, it may be hard to decide what to get, but I recommend their Devon Cream Tea. You get a pot of coffee or tea, two of the best scones you will ever taste, homemade jam, and England’s delicious butter alternative – clotted cream.

muffin

Photo by Sarah Kimball

Now let’s talk muffins. The Muffin Man has both American and English muffins on the menu, and for those of us who are not friends of gluten and diary, they have all natural, gluten-free, vegan muffins that are to die for.

muffin

Photo by Sarah Kimball

Yes, I found love when I was abroad. It was a deep, passionate, and delicious love for The Muffin Man.

muffin