If you're in the Cambridge area and want to enjoy some great coffee, then it'll be worth your while to stop by Barismo. In this comfortable coffee bar in the middle of a pleasant Cambridge neighborhood, you'll learn about where the coffee you're drinking comes from. Even if you don't like coffee, you're sure to find a refreshment to quench your thirst. This coffee shop in Cambridge is a bit away from Central and Harvard, but it's worth the trek. 

Ming Xue

When you come inside the coffee shop, there's a bar/island running through the center where the drink magic happens. 

First and foremost, this is a place made by coffee lovers for other coffee lovers. The atmosphere in here gives off a chill vibe, and there's always music playing. The plants in the shop are cute and bring a fresh touch to the ambiance of the shop. It's also nice and quiet, which makes it a perfect place to get some work done. Make sure to prepare a hot spot of your own or keep your work offline, since they don't offer WiFi there.

Ming Xue

They do, however, offer a variety of goods: drinks (coffee and tea served hot or cold and other beverages like hot chocolate, milk, or hot apple cider), pastries (vegan cakes, brownies, cookies, scones, biscotti, etc.), quiches, and yogurt parfaits. If you're especially hungry, they have a menu with brunch food made to order. Take a peak at their menu here (might vary from the actual shop).

Ming Xue

When I went with a friend, I ordered a Chai Tea Latte (since I'm not a fan of coffee) while they ordered a Vanilla Latte off the section of the menu labeled for Sweet Tooths. The Chai Tea wasn't too overwhelmingly powerful, and my friend remarked that their Latte wasn't too sweet which is what they preferred. Of course, like any other coffee shop, you have the liberty to custom these drinks to your liking.

Along with serving refreshments and food, they also sell cold brew coffees to take home with you along with other types of canned carbonated drinks. The star of the shop is where they sell bags of their coffee so you can brew their coffee in the comfort of your own home or at your workplace. 

Barismo is a cozy spot to either relax with a cup of coffee or concentrate on work that needs to get done. Whether you're close by or even far away, if you're a coffee aficionado interested in where your coffee comes from, then you should definitely take the chance to check out this special coffee shop in Cambridge.

Not in the Cambridge Area?

There are two other locations in East Arlington and in Kendall Square. You can check out their website to learn more about their origin story here, or more about what each different location has to offer here. In short, the one in Cambridge will give you the full cafe experience with the bakery while the others prioritize drinks.