I’m not a fan of eating just any Italian food. I grew up around my family's Italian deli, giving me high standards for what true Italian food should be. When my girls wanted to have a GNO at an Italian restaurant, I sought out the best one, Nebo Cucina & Enoteca.

Antipasto

lemon, fish
Beatrice Gonzalez

Antipasto is important to Italians. If you’re not familiar, it's basically the first course of a traditional Italian meal. Although it was hard to decide, my friends and I went with the calamari fritti.

The menu explains it as a golden crisp calamari, and just as the photo indicates, I couldn’t agree more. 

Pizza

arugula, parmesan, salad, cheese
Beatrice Gonzalez

It was easy to feel like I was eating grandma’s food again, especially when the pizza came around. I ordered the Bianca pizza, made with marinated pacchino tomatoes, prosciutto cotto, ricotta, mozzarella, arugula, and parmigiano.

Honestly, I don’t even think even a pizza made in Italy could be as perfect as this one. The cheese was perfectly gooey and stringy, while the tomatoes made it a little sweet and the arugula a little bitter. The dough was fluffy and soft, while the crust was crispy. 

Dessert

cinnamon, sweet, pastry
Beatrice Gonzalez

The cerci is also a must-have, thick strips of warm doughboy dusted in powdered sugar. Between this and the pizza, we may have had a carb overload. Totally worth it.

Overall, the food and service was outstanding. We had a three course meal in less than an hour and a half. Neither rushed nor ignored, in fact, our waitress was extremely friendly and even made an effort to get to know us.

This is a restaurant you can go to for a GNO like I did, or take your parents when they come to visit you at college because you know they'll love the authenticity.