The Village Tavern, which is a part of the Reynolda Village in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, is a great lunch or dinner spot for any occasion. It's also walkable from Wake Forest University's campus, which makes it easily accessible to students. With their indoor and outdoor seating choices, there is no doubt that you will be pleased with your experience at this restaurant. 

Mareesa Ahmad

Personally, I enjoy going for an early dinner and sitting under their outdoor heated tent. The string lights hanging from the ceiling set up a relaxing and casual environment that is perfect for everybody.

Mareesa Ahmad

Not to mention, the Village Tavern has an extremely attentive staff that will continually check up on you and make sure that you are having your best foodie experience. 

Appetizers

Mareesa Ahmad

My favorite appetizer at the Village Tavern is the Hot Crab Dip (which is big enough for 3-5 people). It is served with warm, toasty garlic bread and is so incredibly flavorful. When I order dips like this, I am typically disappointed to see that the dip is mainly a cheese or some other creamy base. But, this dip has the perfect ratio of cream cheese and crab meat. This particular Hot Crab Dip is so tasty that it was featured on Food Network’s Guilty Pleasures! Both the Food Network and I recommend this appetizer to all the crab meat lovers out there. Check out this video to see the featured segment in the show and to learn how to make the dip! 

Entrées

Mareesa Ahmad

Every single time I go to The Village Tavern in Reynolda Village, I tell myself I’m going to try something new (because their menu is so extensive and full of American favorites) but somehow, I always end up getting the Fried Oyster Tacos. This dish is topped with chipotle aioli, coleslaw, and fresh arugula. 

And of course, I have to give some attention to the rice pilaf and black beans that come with the street tacos. Although they are not the star of the show, they complete the meal nicely. 

I find the portion of this meal to be perfect – that is, if you don’t order the Hot Crab Dip first. If you do order appetizers, and you definitely should, you’ll more than likely end up with some leftovers for tomorrow. Personally, I always love a good leftover meal, so why not try multiple items on the menu.

Desserts

Mareesa Ahmad

Ahhh, dessert. The best part of the meal. If you still have room in your stomach or you’re just cramming food in at this point, the Godiva Chocolate Torte served with Hot Fudge and Vanilla Ice Cream is definitely a crowd pleaser. It's also big enough to share among 3 people. Chances are though, you will not want to share this. If you are a chocolate lover, then trust me, this is THE dessert you need in your life.

If you live in Winston-Salem, North-Carolina and have not made it to The Village Tavern in Reynolda Village – try it the next time you feel like going out. Even more so, if you're a Wake Forest student and want to get off campus, take the Reynolda Trails path and walk on over. The atmosphere, wait staff, and extensive menu will not disappoint.