I’ll put it simply—Murphy’s is my favorite restaurant. Though I have a lot of Atlanta left to eat, nothing makes me smile like the “upcoming reservation at Murphy’s” reminder that graces my phone when it’s time to leave. This is a warm neighborhood classic, and I'm so excited to share it. 

Murphy’s serves classy American food that doesn’t break the bank. It is a little more high-end than your average Emory Village meal, but the main reason that I love it so much is that I feel that I am getting a much more high-class experience than I am paying for.

The interior of the restaurant boasts a warm and inviting ambiance, with exposed brick walls and rich brown accents throughout that exude a sense of elegance and sophistication. While Murphy’s has outstanding brunch and lunch menus (I recommend the burger and the salmon), the star of the show is their dinner.

I usually start with the grilled artichokes to share. Though there are other scrumptious appetizers, this one is my favorite. Accompanied by a sweet lemon sauce with perfect acidic zing, the artichokes have a smoky flavor from the grill that leads into the next course perfectly. You also won't want to miss the French onion soup and the Caesar salad. Maybe that sounds a little basic, but don’t worry—Murphy’s does the classics right.

The steak frites with paprika aioli and parmesan truffle fries are truly an exceptional dining experience every time. The warm steak is cooked to perfection with a juicy and flavorful center that is expertly complemented by the smoky, slightly spicy aioli.

But the real star of the show is the fries—the parmesan truffle seasoning is a genius touch, adding a rich and decadent element to the crispy, perfectly cooked potatoes. The presentation is also beautiful, a real feast for the eyes. I know, I should be trying something different every once in a while, but the steak frites are so delicious, I couldn’t possibly order anything else.

For dessert, I usually head next door to Morelli’s Ice Cream. Samples are back, so try whatever you’d like and enjoy! Don't forget to check out the mural of Atlanta inside—you can see Emory on it!

Going to Murphy’s is my reward for accomplishing something, my consolation for not, and one of my first stops when I want to show off an excellent Atlanta restaurant. Check out this warm neighborhood classic, and let me know what you order!