Located in the heart of University of Guelph, the Mountain Dining Hall and Windows Café is the perfect hangout place for people coming back from classes, relaxing from homework burnout, or enjoying a wide variety of food. What’s great about this dining hall is that it is one of the only few dining halls to be located within a residence hall and it is opened till midnight everyday.

1. Atmosphere

Hangout

Photo by Giovanni Fabrianne

When entering the Dinning Hall for the first time, there appears to be an overwhelming amount of food to choose from. But don’t worry, the mood changes right when you walk to the Windows Café.

As soon as you enter the café, you are greeted with the scent of fresh baked waffles and crepes drifting in the air. The Windows Café offers a warm atmosphere filled with a mix of rustic furniture and the sound chatter of people. TVs are found scattered around the café to add entertainment with your meal, so there’s plenty of opportunities to catch up with the latest Jeopardy or the news.

Hangout

Photo by Giovanni Fabrianne

If a social setting doesn’t suit you, then you’ll like the quieter setting the solarium alcoves offer with their comfy couches and a picturesque view from the windows. It’s perfect for a private chat with a fellow student, sharing juicy info with friends, or a rest from the busy university life.

2. What to Eat

Hangout

Photo by Giovanni Fabrianne

There are many choices of breakfast, lunch, and dinner available for any dietary needs. Your breakfast is completely customisable, whether if you like your eggs to be scrambled, or sunny-side up. For lunch or dinner, you have a variety to chose from – pizza, pasta, burger, or the daily specials. Weekends even adds an extra menu that have more to choose from and changes every week.

The café also offer pastries, gourmet deli sandwiches,appuccinos, café au lait, espresso, herbal teas, hot chocolate, and fairly traded coffee.

3. Recommendation

Hangout

Photo courtesy of wcs4.blogspot.com

With delicious foods in a great environment, Mountain Dining Hall and Windows Café both provide a great dining experience. Speaking about crepes, Mountain’s are the best in campus, featuring the thickest and widest crepes there is. There are also dinner combos available on select days, so keep an eye out for those!

Overall, if you’re that type of person who is social and have an adventurous taste bud, then the Mountain Dining Hall is for you.