Juice Boone boasts all the health-related buzz words we have been hearing constantly: raw, organic, and vegan. If you’re looking for a fresh and delicious health boost, you need to start making this place a regular stop.

This isn’t your average juice bar. In fact, they stress the fact that it really isn’t a juice bar at all. Juice Boone is a cold-pressed juicery. The juicing process is very different from what many juice bars and at-home juicers use. You may have heard that juicing takes all of the nutrients out of fruits and vegetables, leaving only the sugar. This isn’t the case at Juice Boone.

Here, they utilize an incredible machine: the Norwalk Juicing Press. Minimal oxidation occurs with this hydraulic press. Each flavor takes between 1 and 1 and a half hours to create. This juicing technique keeps the enzymes in tact, unlike other juicing methods. You are getting all the awesome nutrients you need when you sip from a Juice Boone jar.

juice

Photo courtesy of Juice Boone

The juicery is a trendy little shop, featuring a couple of refrigerators and a small checkout counter when you walk in. Because of its small size, you are sure to get great customer service. On my first trip, the employee explained everything on the menu and gave me her personal recommendations. I am all about places with great service, so Juice Boone definitely gets an A+ in this category.

You need to understand a few things about the menu before your first trip. They currently offer 13 juices on the menu. However, not everything is available each day. The juicers do their work the night before or early in the morning and store jars in the fridge. The daily menu depends on what produce the juicers had available to them. Their goal is to fill the fridge with a rainbow of juices and provide for everyone’s needs.The awesome thing about this is that you won’t get bored. There will always be different flavors to try.

They also have a daily special, so be sure to ask what is in that one during your visit. The smoothies are made fresh on the spot, so you can get any of those 12 menu items at any time.

juice

Photo courtesy of Juice Boone

If you’re hungry, Juice Boone offers a few raw energy foods, superfood cereals, and fruit bars (if you’re always in the mood for a little dessert, like me).

#SpoonTip: Most smoothies are made with almond milk. If you prefer, you can ask to substitute coconut milk. Check the menu for items that are made with fresh orange juice instead if neither of these options work for you.

For just $7, I walked out with an 8 ounce jar of juice as well as a 4 ounce jar of a detox elixir. Considering I don’t have to go to the store and pick produce, go through the process of juicing, and spend time cleaning up, this is so worth it. Because I know our Spoon readers are totally into saving money, make sure you get a Juice Card on your first visit. Once you try all 11 of their juices, you’ll get an 8 ounce jar for free.

juice

Photo courtesy of Juice Boone

Let’s talk about what’s really important: the taste. Based on the cashier’s recommendation, I tried the Deeply Rooted juice. It is sweet because of the beets (and also a gorgeous color). It is chock full of nutrients since it’s packed with lots of ingredients: beets, celery, pear, lime, cucumber, and romaine. Deeply Rooted is perfect if you’re new to fresh juices or if you have trouble getting in enough veggies each day.

First, I opened up the jar and took a big whiff. It’s like you can smell how healthy you’re about to be. And it does taste great. I love the natural sweetness; it’s so much better than sugary commercial juice blends (which often aren’t even real juice).  

#SpoonTip: Multiple contributors love Deeply Rooted, so be sure to ask if it’s available when you visit.

juice

Photo by Jena Donovan

The next thing I tried was the Pure Energy Detox Elixir. This little potion comes in a 4 ounce jar and is made with wheatgrass, lemon, and water. I thought the taste of this one was even better than the juice, but I love lemon. When you need an all-natural energy boost that won’t break the bank, this elixir is the way to go.

Perhaps the best part is that all their produce is organic, and it’s sourced locally whenever possible. You already know how we feel about local food and why it’s important to us.

juice

Photo courtesy of Juice Boone

Juice Boone is working on big things that will be rolling out soon. Keep up with them on Instagram and Facebook to check out brand new menu items (just a hint, it may include vegan ice cream).

A mobile application and Facebook ordering system will also be available in the future. You will be able to see what’s in stock in real time, and even order online for pick up. With this new feature, you will know if your favorite flavor is available before you even drive to the store. And if there’s only one left in stock, you can secure it for yourself before someone else snatches it up.

juice

Photo courtesy of Juice Boone

The takeaway: everything is delicious. Don’t let words like superfood and acai bowl scare you away. Whether you are a lifelong vegan, health-nut, or have never had real fruit juice in your life, you will find something to enjoy.

Juice Boone is conveniently located in the Harris Teeter shopping center on Shadowline Drive. Don’t miss out just because you live on campus with no access to a car, the Red and State Farm Appalcart routes will take you there. Feeling a little under the weather (read: hungover)? Starting soon, Juice Boone will be delivering fresh juice right to your door.

Ready to start your #HappyHealthyLiving journey? Stop by 244 Shadowline Drive from Monday-Friday 7:00am-7:00pm, Saturday 9:00am-7:00pm, or Sunday 1:00pm-7:00pm. Let them know you found out how awesome they are through Spoon!