Autumn in NYC is the busiest time of year for food-lovers: cooler temperatures and the onset of holiday season reign in a number of eating and drinking events that will undoubtedly plump us up for winter. Mad. Sq. Eats, one of the many markets hosted by UrbanSpace, has come to be one of our favorites. Located in Worth Square between Broadway and 5th Ave., this annual outdoor market features 28 vendors including newcomers like Doughnuttery, Delaney Barbecue: TacoTown, Slide and SD26 alongside veterans like Roberta’s, Red Hook Lobster Pound, Bar Suzette, Calexico and Mayhem & Stout.

Mad Sq. Eats

Photo by Dan Q. Dao

Mad. Sq. Eats gives chefs the unique opportunity to experiment with new menu items that wouldn’t usually be seen in their brick and mortar locations. Doughnuttery’s spin on the classic pigs in a blanket encases a mini hotdog in a crisp, pillowy cornmeal batter that is both a sweet and savory snack.

Mad Sq. Eats

Photo by Dan Q. Dao

With such an extensive list of vendors, visitors can come to satisfy any of their cravings in a fun and lively environment. You can find anything from truffle cheddar pretzels from Sigmund’s Pretzels to uniquely flavored ice cream sandwiches (including a gluten-free option) from Melt Bakery.

Mad Sq. Eats

Photo by Dan Q. Dao

While the market tends to get crowded during mealtime rushes and on the brink of weekends, its convenient location and free wi-fi makes it a great destination to stop by between or after classes. Many of the vendors also offer local craft beer, killer martinis and—one of our favorites—Asiadog’s watermelon soju served in a hollowed-out watermelon (perfect to share with friends or keep all to yourself). The month long installment is open daily from 11am-9pm, September 27th through October 25th so don’t miss out!

Mad Sq. Eats

Photo by Dan Q. Dao

Address: General Worth Square, 5th Ave, New York, NY 10010
Time of Operation: daily from 11am-9pm , September 27th through October 25th