With Valentine's Day quickly approaching, many of us are trying to plan out a perfect date. It can be challenging to find the best place around campus to visit this holiday. Search no more, here's a guide to restaurants that will suit the vibes you're looking for. Whether you're looking for an intimate, romantic dinner date with your significant other or a fun time with your best friends, these local Gainesville gems will surely do the trick.

Amelia's Italian Restaurant

Victoria Manrique

If you've ever watched the classic "Lady and the Tramp," you know how romantic an Italian dinner can be. Amelia's Italian Restaurant is one of the most charming spots here in Gainesville, perfect for two. 

Enjoy delicious pasta and entrees with your partner while conversing over soft jazz music. The warm atmosphere at Amelia's will have you feeling cozy and at home. 

Gabriela Rodriguez

I highly recommend getting a chicken or veal entree as it also comes with a house salad, a side of pasta of your choice, and bread. I had the Chicken Caprese with a salad and Fettucini Alfredo, which was filled with rich, buttery flavors. You can't forget about the appetizers, though, as the Crostini NY pictured above was delicious and creamy.

Maude's Cafe

Gabriela Rodriguez

Looking for something more casual? Maude's Cafe in downtown Gainesville is a great spot for a chill date or hanging out with your friends. Enjoy a cup of coffee, sweets, or snacks, while spending time with others.

One awesome feature of Maude's is their stack of board games customers can use. Sit outside underneath their string of lights and enjoy a hot drink while playing your favorite game. 

Gabriela Rodriguez

I personally love their hot chocolate and sweet treats like their red velvet cupcakes. Maude's is perfect for those with different eating diets, including options of whole milk, almond milk and more. The adorable cafe is sure to be the perfect casual spot on Valentine's Day.

Muñecas Downtown Taco Garden

Victoria Manrique

In search of a fun vibe for a girl's night out? Muñecas Downtown Taco Garden gives off lively energy. With its outdoor tables and upbeat music, the vibrant restaurant is sure to be an exciting time.

Its diverse Mexican menu has options for vegans, vegetarians, and everyone in your group. The restaurant also uses local ingredients, making its food extra fresh.

Victoria Manrique

Be sure to check out the restaurant's happy hour and its specials for good deals on good food. Their bowls and quesaditas are my favorite.

Boca Fiesta

Victoria Manrique

Another awesome spot for Mexican food is Boca Fiesta right in the heart of downtown Gainesville. With its outdoor patio and signature cocktails, this place makes for a great night for a group of friends looking to spend Valentine's Day together.

Victoria Manrique

Open until late, guests looking for delicious tacos and a round of cocktails can enjoy themselves in a fun, nightlife environment. 

Head down over to Boca Fiesta to enjoy a chill night out this Valentine's Day.

The Perfect Spot

Gainesville has some great places and hidden gems around town for people can gather on Valentine's day. One of the best ways to show love is through food, so go spread some love to our local Gainesville restaurants and try something new. Wherever you go, you will surely feel the love this Valentine's Day.