Local 388 Burger Bar is located in Ballston Spa, about 15 minutes from campus. It’s a perfect location because it’s close to school but gets you out of the Saratoga bubble if you’re feeling restless. They have lots of option burger options to choose from, as well as sandwiches and salads. They also have different kinds of fries, all of which are worth trying.

The inside of the restaurant is super casual, with definitely a local feel. And they have beers for as cheap as $3! But if you’re looking for something non-alcoholic, they make great milkshakes and house-made sodas. Many of their drinks come from local places around New York.

burger

Photo courtesy of facebook.com

Their grass-fed burgers are also local. I ordered their “Hatched” burger, with roasted Hatch Green chiles, a fried farm egg, Monterrey Jack cheese, and smoked bacon. I also added avocado for $1 extra. If you order this, trust me, you won’t be sorry!

burger

Photo by Rianna Lloyd

We also ordered their mozzarella sticks (delicious, of course) for the table, and two different kinds of fries: Sea Salt and Black Pepper, and Cheddar and Scallion. They were both really good with just the right amount of crunch, but if I had to choose, I’d go with the Cheddar and Scallion fries. The cheese complimented the saltiness of the fries perfectly, and it went really well with my burger.

My chocolate milkshake also complimented my meal (what goes better with a burger than a shake?), and my *free* slice of blueberry pie for dessert sealed the deal.

I know I will definitely be back, and will make sure I have enough room in my stomach to order all of these great menu items again.