Can't get a reservation at Rubirosa or Jon & Vinny's? Don't worry, we've got you covered. If you're in LA or NYC for the summer, these six Italian restaurants are going to become your new favorite spots, we promise. 

Los Angeles

Where you’ll find us: Locanda Portofino — Located on charming Montana Avenue in Santa Monica, this authentic Italian restaurant features only organic produce and wild-farmed proteins on its menu. Florestano Caracciolo and Alberto Ferrari, a true Italian duo, create every dish with passion and use only the highest quality ingredients, so you'll always be delighted. With a wide selection of wines from their in-house wine cellar, you can enjoy the perfect pairing to your Sea Urchin Pasta or Beef Carpaccio (it has black truffle oil and fried capers!). Sit inside and experience the Italian atmosphere or enjoy the beautiful, airy outdoor patio. What we order: Veal Meatballs, Baked Whole Branzino, and Ricotta Tart!

Sophie Tippl
Sophie Tippl

Eat More, Spend Less: La Scala Presto — Exactly the same as the famous La Scala in Beverly Hills, this cheaper, low-key location in Brentwood is the perfect place for a weeknight dinner or pick-up/delivery. What we order: Spaghetti Bolognese and Jean Leon Chopped Salad!

Sunday Night Dinner: Sor Tino — Right off of San Vicente Boulevard, this is the go-to neighborhood family Italian restaurant. Sit inside and watch your pizza bake in the oven, or opt for the outdoor patio which is perfect for the summer days (which is every day in LA). What we order: Panzanella Salad, White Truffle Pizza, and Chicken Paillard!

New York City

Where you’ll find us: Sant Ambroeus — With multiple locations across the city, Sant Ambroeus is the perfect place to grab a quick coffee or a delicious bite while feeling like you've been transported to a cafe in Europe. This signature Italian restaurant is perfect for brunch or dinner (their Soho location is our favorite). What we order: Avocado Toast with Sunflower Bread, Insalata Centocolori, and Penne Arrabbiata!

Romantic Night Out / Girl’s Brunch: Olio e Piu — Located in the heart of Greenwich Village, this beautiful restaurant is covered in flowers and greenery. You seriously can't go wrong with any of their classic, authentic Italian dishes (especially their Neapolitan pizzas and house-made pastas). Catch us ordering the gnocchi alla Genovese and Nostrana Pizza! 

Celebrity Eats: Emilio’s Ballato —This small, old-school Italian restaurant on Houston Street is a long time member of the Nolita area. Photos of celebrities who have dined there, ranging from Obama to Rihanna, are hanging on the walls. If you’re looking for a dining experience, this is it. What we order: Rigatoni Bolognese and Tiramisu!