A business that creates fusion desserts using Indian flavors and American pastries, Knead Some Love NY is a must try. Although based in New Jersey, the desserts are shipped nationwide, allowing people from all over the country to enjoy these unique desserts.

In addition to the unique flavors infused in these doughnuts, the @kneadsomeloveny Instagram is bursting with bright colors and an extremely aesthetically pleasing feed.  The way in which owner and baker Priyanka decorates her doughnuts is done ever so beautifully with a unique and detailed touch, which really enhances the WHOLE experience.  From the bright colors of the frosting to the final touches of sprinkled pistachio, one single doughnut is definitely not enough to satisfy the sweet tooth (and human eye!). 

Dia Mahesh

Building a Small Business

Priyanka Poddar, the face behind Knead Some Love NY, started the business during the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. 

Taking advantage of the extra time from working remote for her full time architecture job, Priyanka decided to explore her passion for baking and Indian food further. She noticed a shortage of places to get Indian desserts, especially outside of Indian neighborhoods. So she decided to use her experience and love for food to combine the traditional American desserts, donuts and bundt cakes, with quintessential Indian flavors, such as ras malai and gulab jamun.

Her products can be found at a few local cafes in New Jersey, and can be priority shipped to the rest of the country. 

Dia Mahesh

What to Get

You can order boxes of 6 or 12 assorted donuts and bundt cakes, choosing which flavors to include. The donuts and bundt cakes are baked not fried, making them a healthier option, and there are also vegan and gluten free options for those who have dietary restrictions. 

Here's a list of flavors to choose from:

1. Gulab Jamun Bundt Cake

2. Ras Malai Rabdi Donut (pictured above)

3. Rose Pistachio Bundt Cake

4. Vegan Coconut Cream Laddoo Donut

5. Citrus Malai Kulfi Donut (Bestseller!)

6. *Seasonal* Peppermint Dark Chocolate with housemade Chikki Praline

7. Pistachio Praline Bundt Cake

8. Kesar (Saffron) Thandai Bundt Cake

9. Vegan Spiced Chai Tea Latte Bundt Cake

10. Tutti Frutti Milk Custard Donut

11. Mango (Aam Panna) Tres Leches Donut

12. Desi Filter Coffee Mousse Donut w/ Marshmallow Fluff

13. Paan Masala & Sweet Rose Preserve Donut

14. Lychee Phirni Bundt Cake

15. OG Royal Falooda Bundt Cake

16. Cardamom Basundi Donut

Dia Mahesh

Find Out More

The best way to order these sweet treats is to direct message Knead Some Love NY on instagram, or via email at kneadsomeloveny@gmail.com. Soon the new website will be up, with all your KNEADS in one place! 

For now, check out the Knead Some Love NY publicity the small business has gotten in the short while they've been open. Read some of the articles on The Hoboken Girl and New Jersey Digest.

Dia Mahesh

Want to learn more? 

Instagram: @kneadsomeloveny

Email: kneadsomeloveny@gmail.com

Website (coming soon!): kneadsomeloveny.com

*All photos courtesy of Knead Some Love NY