Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, there’s a brand new burger joint in town. Introducing Killer Burger, the latest restaurant addition to the barmuda triangle in downtown Eugene. Since their grand opening at midnight on Halloween, they have quickly become the talk of the town (and it sounds like everybody has a mouthful of food).

What started as a whiskey-fueled dream has now become a hip restaurant centered around burgers, beer and perhaps one too many shots. In 2010, Robin McCrary and her husband opened their first location in Northeast Portland. Today, the restaurant has expanded to seven locations including downtown Eugene, and there’s still plenty of whiskey leftover.

Whiskey

Photo by Judy Holtz

The party vibe at Killer Burger is alive and well. So much so, that the company’s motto is “don’t mess with the party.” The music plays loud, the bar is hoppin’, and the staff chats with guests as they stuff their faces with 1/3-pound burgers and bottomless fries.

Killer Combo

Photo by Judy Holtz

As for the menu, there are 10 taste bud altering culprits to choose from. These home recipe inspired burgers are executed with surgical perfection. (Think Dexter, but with a fork and knife). To wash away the evidence, there’s a kickass tap list and a pretty impressive whiskey selection. And get this—for only $15, you can enjoy a burger, a beer and a shot.

I’m dead serious.

Peanut Butter

Photo by Judy Holtz

The Peanut Butter Pickle Bacon has a rep for being the Killer Burger favorite. I, too, have become a victim. The sweet and salty creaminess of the peanut butter, smokey house sauce, crispy bacon, and tangy crunchiness of the pickles perfectly compliment this juicy burger.

Epic

Photo by Judy Holtz

The Epic looks like it may have done some time in the pen. When this burger flexes its muscles, you know it means business. The combination of bacon, smoked-pulled pork, Texas sweet slaw, Monterey jack, grilled onion, and barbecue sauce make this brute a brick house of flavor.

Photo by Judy Holtz

Why not one more? This is the Teemah. Pretty straightforward, it has bacon, pickles, grilled onions, house sauce, and melted bleu cheese. Admittedly, this burger made the cut simply because it has bleu cheese on it, and I effing love bleu cheese. So much for objective journalism.

For my own selfish reasons, I hope this place does really well. Truth be told I’m just glad there’s another late night option right next to Sizzle Pie to get me back on an even keel after a hot Saturday night. In all seriousness, Killer Burger has a great business model that will likely succeed in downtown Eugene. The atmosphere rocks, the attitude is awesome and the burgers are criminally tasty. They are sure to make a killing at lunchtime and with the bar crowd.

Photo by Judy Holtz

cheap

Location: 50 W Broadway, Eugene, OR 97401

Hours of Operation: Mon-Thurs 11am to 10pm, Fri-Sat 11am to 2am, closed on Sunday