I don't know about you guys, but I LOVE trying new places to eat. I find so much excitement in looking over a new menu and hearing about each restaurant's special dishes and drinks. Juniper in Saint Louis was not the exception. This Southern table dining experience has been recommended to me several times before because of the restaurant's excellent offerings and accommodating service. Since they relocated to the edge of Saint Louis' Central West End, I knew I had to try it since it is now just a short walk away from my new apartment. Thankfully, I am glad I did because I have now found one of my new favorite restaurants! 

I decided to make a reservation because I was trying it out with a few of my friends and wanted to make sure we could get a table. If you've ever coordinated more than four college students' schedules, then you probably know it's a challenge. I had to change our reservation time nearly three times and let me say that they have THE MOST patient staff ever. They were so happy to accommodate us. They got an A+ for service before I even stepped foot in the restaurant. 

Juniper's "claim to fame:" New Southern food and cocktails rooted in the traditional dishes and spirits of the region.

The Location

Now, let me tell you how beautiful this place is! Located on the edge of St. Louis' famous Central West End area, it is situated in a residential street corner. Its architecture gives it so much personality of its own. The entire aesthetic of the restaurant is so appealing with the wood paneling, rustic vibes, and unique light fixtures that fit perfectly into the space.

The Drinks

Karly Wilson

Honestly, I was just as excited about trying their drink menu as I was about trying the food. The drinks they offer are so unique and showcase a variety of cocktails, high balls, beers, and wines. I tried The Orchard Keeper and the Juniper G & T, both of which were amazing. My friends and I all got something different and were each very pleased with our drinks. They come up with new drinks all the time, so I can't wait to go back and try some more!

The Food

Sarah Siebels

Now, the best part of my Juniper experience was for sure the main course. Juniper is widely known for their twist on classic Southern dishes like Mac-n-Cheese (they get extra points since it's served in a miniature cast iron skillet, how cute is that?), and classic Fried Chicken Sandwiches. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that they also offer a variety of vegetarian and vegan dishes as well, such as their Tempura Beets and Grain Bowl.

Every dish at our table was perfectly executed and bursting with flavor and texture. Some of our favorites were the Fried Chicken Sandwich, Mac-n-Cheese, Celery Root Steak (basically a vegan version of a steak dish but 100 times more delicious), and Tempura Beets (SO YUM).

Karly Wilson

Besides impeccable dinner offerings, Juniper also serves amazing Brunch and Lunch dishes. Although I have personally never hit up Juniper for a mid-day meal, I have had several friends rave about their Breakfast Sandwiches and Lunch plates! It's definitely worth checking out. 

Final Thoughts

Karly Wilson

Go to Juniper. It's that simple. Honestly, it's some of the best food I have ever eaten. Apart from having a crazy delicious menu, the service is wonderful. If you're looking for a place to grab lunch or dinner, or just casual cocktails and snacks with some friends, this is definitely your place. I assure you that there will be something on the menu for everyone to enjoy, especially if you're into having a Southern Table dining experience that will change your life. 

Location: 4101 Laclede Ave, St. Louis MO, 63108

Hours of Operation:  

Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5pm-11pm, Friday & Saturday 5pm-12am

Happy Hour: Monday-Saturday 3pm-6pm

Lunch: Monday - Friday 11am-3pm

Brunch: Saturday 9am-3pm, Sunday 9am-2pm