We’re not sure what’s going on with the Evanston late-night restaurant scene lately, but we like it. When we found out Cheesie’s was going to be open ’till 3 a.m., we rejoiced. Now JT’s Bar & Grill has arrived, making that two restaurants in Evanston open till the wee hours of the morning. It almost seems too good to be true but we can truly bid farewell to Burger King – you will not be missed.

Conveniently located around the corner from Sashimi Sashimi, boasting a full bar, a 10 percent WildCat discount and open from 7 a.m. to 3 a.m. seven daily, JT’s Bar & Grill is a classic diner that bears strong resemblances to Clarke’s, a Northwestern favorite. While Clarke’s can get slow at times, at JT’s the service is fast and friendly, and the room is spacious and brightly lit. With televisions on the walls playing sports and news networks, it’s the perfect location to sit back, watch the game, and enjoy some traditional diner cuisine.

JT's Bar and Grill

Photo by Aurelie Corinthios

JT's Bar and Grill

Photo by Aurelie Corinthios

JT’s boasts an endless menu that really has something for everyone. They serve breakfast all day with a long list of omelets, egg specialties, skillets, French toast, waffles, pancakes and even baked pancakes (which take an extra 30 minutes). For a healthy breakfast under $9, opt for the Lean and Tasty, an egg white omelet with seasonal veggies cooked without oil or butter and served with fruit and wheat toast. As college students always looking for the best bang for our buck, the eight silver dollar pancakes for $4 is another stand-out from the menu.

JT's Bar and Grill

Lean and tasty. Photo by Aurelie Corinthios

JT's Bar and Grill

Fruit top waffle with strawberries and bananas. Photo by Aurelie Corinthios

JT's Bar and Grill

Not in the mood for breakfast food? JT’s also serves salads, soups, wings, pizza, tacos, quesadillas, burritos, and if that wasn’t enough, 11 different burgers and 16 sandwiches. Try the chorizo, jack cheese and guacamole burger, a classic BLT with a fried egg or just a good ol’ fashioned cheeseburger, each for $9.

JT's Bar and Grill

Skinny fries. Photo by Aurelie Corinthios

If you’re craving something in particular, chances are you’ll be able to find it on JT’s impressive menu. So head on over for a tasty, comforting meal that’ll leave your stomach, and your wallet, full.

average

Address: 1639 Orrington Ave, Evanston, IL 60201
Hours of operation: Mon-Sun, 7:00 a.m. to 3 a.m.