Joe's Pizza Ann Arbor is the newest and yummiest rage on the University of Michigan campus. See what all the buzz is about! 

Joe's Story

Joe's Pizza is a family-owned pizza shop, as well as a celebrity hot spot based in New York City. Founded in 1975, Joe Pozzuoli has kept the business in the family to this day. He still works in the kitchen six days a week! Now that is dedication. Joe's is known as a prime location to get a fresh slice of New York style pizza for both natives and tourists today.

Why Ann Arbor?  

Pete Levin, partner and manager of Joe’s, is a University of Michigan graduate and used to own Professor Thom’s, New York’s Michigan Sports bar. After selling his bar in 2016 to partner with Joe’s, they knew that in expanding to their first location outside of New York, Ann Arbor would be the best move for their business. They also considered major cities like DC, Miami, and Boston, so we can consider ourselves lucky! He moved his family here to Ann Arbor and is very involved in the running of the business.

Pizza Varieties

When creating their masterpieces here, Joe’s did everything to ensure the pizzas tasted the same across the nation— including shipping Ann Arbor water to NYC to make sure the dough still tasted the same. Nevertheless, Joe’s wanted to put a small twist on their Ann Arbor pizza and make it unique from their New York slice. In collaboration with Zingerman’s, a Michigan favorite, Joe’s Pizza uses Zingerman’s mozzarella on their fresh mozzarella pies. Fun fact: in their first month of business, Joe’s used 500 pounds of this cheese every week. This is more than double the 200 pounds they use per week at their New York locations! Some of the tasty varieties you can purchase by the slice or as a whole pie at Joe’s are cheese, pepperoni, Zingerman’s fresh mozzarella, white, and caprese. Personal preference: white pizza. 

Feeling Hungry? 

Want a Slice of the Action?

Joe’s Pizza Ann Arbor is looking for students to work as pizza makers! Learn the secrets of how they make their delicious pizza and apply today

I know what you’re thinking… “I need Joe’s right now.” What are you waiting for? Go grab a slice. Luckily for us, they have a twenty year lease in their current spot. You heard that right. Twenty years of delicious pizza. Joe’s representatives even dropped that they may play a bigger role in game days next year… that’s all I’ll say. Happy pizza dreaming! (Cover photo cred: Joe's Pizza Facebook).