Let me start by saying: I am not from San Francisco, but it is where my parents met, where my dad grew up and where the entirety of my dad's side of the family is from. Although I didn't grow up in the city, I have spent a considerable amount of time in San Fran and have even come to have a collection of my favorite areas, restaurants, and cafes. On the top of this list is Jane on Fillmore. There are thousands of cafes in San Francisco, but I almost always make the journey to Fillmore street for an afternoon pick-me-up or a quick, delicious meal. Why do I love it so much? I will answer that with another question, what's not to love? 

~Ambience~

milk, chocolate, cappuccino, espresso, coffee
Blair Baker

To start, the ambiance is reason enough to pay a visit to Jane on Fillmore. Once you make it past the line out the door the cafe is bustling with old friends catching up, families and miscellaneous yuppies. The tables are the perfect backdrop for your Instagram-worthy meal and coffee. 

The Coffee

What would a coffee shop be without coffee? Jane's serves delicious coffee. Their drink menu online opens by saying, "Since we opened, our mission has been to serve the community high-quality coffee in a friendly, approachable manner." This could not be truer. The baristas are friendly and you will be beyond satisfied with whatever you order. I recommended getting coffee without the frills so you can truly appreciate their house roasted beans. 

Baked Goods

What goes perfectly with coffee? A pastry. Their pastry case is filled with bread, cookies, cakes, croissants, and brioches. I dare you not to order one. I recommend their cinnamon brioches. 

Hungry? 

Not be fooled, this cafe serves a seriously good meal. With delicious breakfast options and a mouthwatering lunch menu, you might want to consider changing that afternoon meeting to a lunch meeting. What could make this better? Breakfast is served all day, so you can get that scrambled egg panini or dragon fruit smoothie bowl late into the afternoon.

If you find yourself in San Francisco stop into Jane on Fillmore. A great gram, delicious coffee and a meal that hits the spot– now that's a win-win-win.