Over fall break, I stayed in Atlanta with my parents, and we were determined to explore all the best local restaurants in order to see what all the food hype was about. However, our mission failed, as we stuck to exclusively one incredible Buckhead restaurant the whole time. Seven Lamps was just that good.

Atmosphere

Seven Lamps is tucked away in a little corner in Lenox Plaza, located right next to the infamous Lenox Mall. It has indoor and outdoor seating, and the outdoor grills and wood tables make it feel very homey and casual. Though the ambiance may be relaxed, the food is sure to wake you up! If you would rather stay home, you can order online at http://sevenlampsatl.com. The best part about Seven Lamps, and the reason why I would recommend it to anyone, is that the menu has such a wide variety that everyone can find something they like, whatever their dietary restrictions may be. 

Appetizers

Seven Lamps is famous for their Sunday brunch, but we were late sleepers so we went for dinner. The first night, my parents and I decided to get two appetizers: the Fried Plantains and the Brussel Sprouts. My mom has a strong dislike for plantains, but I made her try them and she said they were absolutely delicious. The brussel sprouts had so much flavor and melted in your mouth after each bite, a result of the sweet and savory apple cider vinegar, curry, and mint sauce.

Gracie Evans

Entrées

For our main dishes, we tried the Avocado + Quinoa Salad, the Duck Breast, the Springer Mountain Farms Chicken Breast, and the Burger, sharing all four plates. The salad had a very tangy sauce which may not be for everyone, but I loved how the sour taste complemented the avocados. The one element that could be improved is the quinoa to arugula ratio; though I'm all for quinoa, it overpowered the greens a bit, which I personally don’t love in a salad. The chicken breast was cooked to perfection, containing a sauce that made it very easy to devour, and it wasn’t too dry or too tough. The burger was undoubtedly my favorite. It has everything you want in a burger: rich and hearty meat, crispy bacon, caramelized onions, and just the right amount of cheese. The burger, brussel sprouts, and fried plantains were so delectable that we had to order them again the second night. We also tried the Riverview Farms boneless pork chop, and the branzino. My mom didn’t love the branzino because it was a bit tough, but my dad really enjoyed the dryness of the palate, so that dish is definitely based on preference.

Gracie Evans
Gracie Evans

Dessert

For dessert, I got the Bread Pudding. It consists of a white chocolate bread base, with dried cranberries and salted caramel and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I am a huge fan of bread pudding, but have never tasted anything as dynamic and textured as this one. Our server told us that it was the chef’s mom’s recipe, and that he doesn’t let anyone cook it except for himself. I can confidently say that it is the best dessert I have ever had. I’m still dreaming about it!

The servers were so personable and really made an effort to get to know us. We learned that the food was all locally grown and prepared from start-to-finish. In addition, the menu changes every month, which is why they have so many regulars! Overall, if you are looking for a restaurant with a chill atmosphere, divine food, and mouthwatering dessert, this is your place. With over 7,000 restaurants in Atlanta, Seven Lamps is not one to miss.

Gracie Evans