Clean eating has certainly been trending lately here in Columbia, Missouri. Locals are anxious and excited as they are about to welcome a new restaurant to the town’s healthy eating scene, which already consists of a plethora of natural grocery stores and organic eateries.

healthy eating

Photo courtesy of Nourish Cafe

Nourish’s Marinara Bowl:
Zucchini noodle and spaghetti squash blend, sautéed spinach and mushrooms, house made marinara, topped with cashew ricotta

Nourish Cafe and Market, located on Columbia’s busiest street, is set to open its doors to customers in June of this year. The restaurant’s co-owners, Kalle LeMone and Kimber Dean, have a few simple goals: to educate people about the benefits of healthy eating and to do it in a way that makes eating cleaner much less daunting and difficult.

healthy eating

Photo courtesy of Nourish Cafe

Nourish’s Roasted Veggie Pesto Pita Wrap:
Roasted Farmer’s Market vegetables, goat cheese, pepita basil pesto

The cafe’s entirely gluten, soy, corn, and refined sugar-free menu will consist of quinoa and rice bowls, salads (yes, there will be kale), sandwiches and wraps, smoothies, cold-pressed juices, and even a few raw vegan desserts. And if I still haven’t sold you on them yet, Nourish will even be offering catering services for parties and family gatherings.

healthy eating

Photo courtesy of Nourish Cafe

Nourish’s Glow Cold Pressed Juice:
Beet, carrot, orange, ginger

Aside from the restaurant portion of Nourish, there will also be a grab-and-go style market, which will offer several of the regular menu items, as well as juices, muffins, and much, much more. Clover’s Natural Market, an organic grocery store located on the outskirts of downtown Columbia, will also carry some of the menu items.

So basically, when this place opens in June, you won’t want to miss it. Make sure to stop by Nourish this summer for a smoothie, a sandwich, or maybe a salad; whatever you choose, it’ll be a taste of clean eating that will leave your mouth watering for more.