A Staple Since ‘91

Sarah Su

Ib’s Cheesesteaks is one of those must-visit eateries when in the Berkeley area, whether you are looking for a satisfying meal or a quick grab-and-go snack. Founded in 1991, Ib’s is a family owned and operated business that focuses on delivering fresh and quality ingredients. We had the opportunity to try out several of its menu items, and here are some of our favorites.

Cookies Cheesesteak

Sarah Su

This sandwich is one of two ongoing collaborations: the Beastmode Cheesesteak with influencer Marshawn Lynch, and the Cookies Cheesesteak with the one-and-only Bay Area legend: Berner. If you are looking for an indulgent fusion sandwich with a perfect flavor balance of savory, umami and sweet, the Cookies cheesesteak is the way to go. This sandwich is undoubtedly my personal favorite, and has a little bit of everything: stuffed full of flavorful honey glazed chicken, slathered with a generous layer of fragrant truffle aioli, and finally, topped with teriyaki mushrooms and swiss cheese. What’s not to love?

Chopped Cheese

3 words. Cheeseburger on steroids. As a cheese-lover who used to microwave bowls of mozzarella for a late night treat, I was amazed by the perfect combination of the rich and buttery bread and, like the title suggests, chopped cheese. The cheese pull you will witness is mesmerizing, so don’t miss out on this popular menu item on your next visit.

Steak Fries

Sarah Su

Want something to share with your friends on a game night? Order the steak fries with your favorite type of fries —curly, waffle, tater tots— and watch as the staff drizzle on a generous portion of cheese sauce and layer on the steak. Fair warning though, this is one item that gets messy fast. But you know what they say: high risk, high reward. 

Honey Garlic Wings

Sarah Su

Last but not least: the honey garlic wings that have a sheen visible from a mile away. Everyone is a garlic girl when it comes to Ib’s legendary wings. They are fried to perfection and make you want more after each bite. No more settling for soggy wings.

#SpoonTip: Get a side of the truffle or ranch dip to take your wings to the next level!

All in all…

Open until 2 am on weekends, this Cal favorite voted “#1 go-to-spot for Cal Athletes” is the solution to your late night cravings. To keep up with upcoming collaborations and exciting new item releases, be sure to follow @ibsberkeley on instagram!

TLDR:

Go to Ib’s Cheesesteaks, like, right now.