Last week kicked off the 14th annual Downtown Dining Weeks. The event is presented by Visions Federal Credit Union and Downtown Committee of Syracuse. During this couple of weeks from February 15th to 28th, many restaurants in Downtown Syracuse design lunch and dinner menus with incredible deals.

There were 21 restaurants that participate in offering 3 course lunch meals for just 10 dollars or less and 35 restaurants that had 3 course dinner meals with 25 dollars or less. My friends and I decided to check out the Dining Weeks Menu at Syracuse's famous Dinosaur BBQ. 

The evening started off with some tough decisions as we looked at the menu to decide what we wanted to order. There were plenty of options to choose from for each course with all the best BBQ classics, including BBQ wings, ribs, fried chicken, brisket, and pulled pork. There were three of us and we wanted a good variety so we decided to share two meals.

Lily Bard

Our first meal included the soup of the day (cream of mushroom with brisket) for the appetizer, 1/3 rack of ribs, as the main, and mashed potatoes and rice and beans on the side. Our second meal included the 3 BBQ wings to start, followed by the 1/4 chicken with brisket, and fries and mac and cheese for the sides. Each plate was also accompanied with a delicious piece of cornbread.

Lily Bard

After placing our order it seemed to be just minutes before our food came to the table. The food looked amazing as it was set down and we were eager to start eating. The ribs, chicken, and brisket were all fresh and full of taste. The sides that we chose were the perfect pair. Collectively, our favorite was the chicken with brisket, with the signature sauce making it even better. 

Lily Bard

Did I mention that these portions were BIG. Halfway through the meal we were all stuffed. We were definitely getting a great amount of food for the amount we were paying. 

We topped of the meal with two mouthwatering deserts: chocolate ice box pie and peanut butter cup pie. Each pie was full of taste with a creamy middle and chocolate crust.

Lily Bard

Overall, I have to say that this meal was great. The Dining Weeks deal allowed my friends and I to indulge in some of the finest BBQ out there and still stick to a college student's budget tight budget! Everyone should head to Downtown Syracuse and try the various Dining Weeks menus before time runs out.