Right by the Branford Green is a tiny French restaurant whose fare is elusive to its location and appearance. Le Petit Café delivers subtle flavors with an elegant presentation.

beer, wine
Lydia Oh
beer, tea, espresso, coffee
Lydia Oh

The Tabling

espresso, tea, coffee
Lydia Oh

The table setting is elegant and sweet with complimentary olives, pickled beets, and by far my favorite—freshly baked bread and black truffle butter.

First Course

foie gras, duck
Lydia Oh

For the first course, I chose duck leg confit. It had mouthwatering, crispy skin and delicious dark meat. It was on a bed or thinly sliced radish, fruit jam, and sliced apples. All the flavors of sweet, sour, and savory created a beautiful umami in your mouth.

Second Course

caprese salad, spinach, tomato, salad
Lydia Oh

The next course was one of the best salads I've ever had. A simple mix of greens and sliced tomatoes with a tangy mustard vinaigrette. Here's the kicker—a small section of creamy, toasted goat cheese on top.

Third Course

chips
Lydia Oh

My main entrée was the most amazing by far. I ordered the prime New York strip steak. Aged black Angus meat with an incredible cognac-black peppercorn sauce, a side of crispy French fries and a small watercress salad. Just thinking about that juicy steak makes my mouth water.

Fourth Course

coffee, chocolate, tea, cake
Lydia Oh

For dessert, I had a flourless chocolate cake with raspberry sauce and crème Chantilly. Since we were celebrating my birthday, the cake came with a candy dome and a candle.

It's an amazing Prix Fixe menu with several tasty options. If you ever happen by Connecticut be sure to make reservations at Le Petit and take your taste buds on an adventure!