Over a century ago, one man's discovery of a small gold nugget drove over 300,000 people to follow their dreams of having untold riches to California. Today, busloads of Middle Americans and East Coasters move here in the hopes of finding their own personal pot of gold in the land of endless sunshine and palm trees. One East Coast based company seems to have recently struck gold in the hearts of Los Angelenos by way of delicious golden doughnuts and fried chicken. 

gif
Jessi Jordan

Feeling Sweet?

After years of success in DC and Virginia, Astro Doughnuts & Fried Chicken opened its doors in Downtown Los Angeles this past April, and ever since, the lines have been out the door and down the block.

Their locally-sourced doughnut menu features a Crème Brûlée ($3.50), Maple Bacon ($3.50), PB&J ($3.50) and Vanilla Glazed ($2.75), as well as a rotating selection of seasonal delights like this season's current selection: Orange Creamsicle, Pistachio, Apricot Lavender, Black Forest Cake and Fruity Berry.

sweet, candy
Jessi Jordan

Feeling Savory?

Their myriad of fried chicken sandwiches are to die for. You get your choice of bun, including Savory Doughnut, Potato Roll, or Old Bay Doughnut with add-ons like honey butter, cheese, kimchi cole slaw, pickles, pickled Jalapeños, and bacon. Sauces include Blue Cheese, Sriracha Mayo, Sriracha Buffalo, Honey Mustard, Ranch, and BBQ.

vegetable, tomato, meat, bread, chicken, sandwich
Jessi Jordan

My personal favorite is their breakfast fried chicken sandwich with sausage gravy on a cheddar cheese biscuit. It is delicious AF and I can not stop thinking about it.

gif
Jessi Jordan

Make sure you get an extra Cheddar Biscuit on the side. TRUST.

And speaking of sides, order a side of Kimchi Cole Slaw and Tater Tots. You won't regret it.

Astro Doughnuts & Fried Chicken is open: 

Mon-Fri 7:30am-5pm

Saturday: 9am-3pm

Sunday Closed

Want more? Check out this behind the scenes video here