I spent the two months leading up to move in traveling through Galicia, Barcelona, and Madrid, exploring every available option in my favorite cuisine. I thought it’d be impossible to find Spanish food in Atlanta that could compete with Spain until I stumbled upon Barcelona Wine Bar . If you’ve ever been to Spain, you know there are thousands of delicious choices for authentic Spanish food on every corner.

Here’s a few of the highlights of my food experience in Spain: 

Eugenia Giampetruzzi

The famous "Patatas Bravas" from La Fonda in the Barrio Gotico de Barcelona. Side Note: adding Chistorra (special type of Spanish chorizo) and extra garlic aioli was life-changing, to say the least.

Eugenia Giampetruzzi

The "Paella de Mariscos" (a traditional Spanish dish) that included saffron flavored rice and various types of seafood such as mussels and shrimp. This came with the "Menu del Dia" (Menu of the Day) which is usually the more affordable option on the menu, making it's taste all the more impressive. This is also from La Fonda in the Barrio Gotico de Barcelona. 

Eugenia Giampetruzzi

The "Burratina" from Marieta in Madrid— the best Burrata I have ever had with a perfect balance of mozzarella and cream. 

Eugenia Giampetruzzi

Whipped Burrata with Tomato Jam from El Mercado de San Miguel. A beautiful market in the heart of the city with any kind of Spanish food you can think of. Surrounding this cheese station, there is also fresh fruit juices, Spanish croquettes, and hundreds of desserts

Eugenia Giampetruzzi

"Jamon Serrano" from Los Barriles in Villa Garcia de Arousa, Galicia. We ordered the Jamón 100% Ibérico de Bellota (free-range Ibérico bred pigs) which made the taste unreal. 

After that experience, moving to Atlanta and a college campus in August was a quick turn around from the carefree Spanish lifestyle of finding delicious food regardless of the location. Atlanta is known for many things, but unfortunately, Spanish food isn’t exactly one of them...or so I thought. 

Here's what I ate at Barcelona Wine Bar:

Eugenia Giampetruzzi

This is the "Goat Cheese" tapa which is my favorite dish. It has a great combination of texture and consistency for being just plain whipped goat cheese and includes authentic Spanish spices. 

Eugenia Giampetruzzi

Next, "Patatas Bravas" which are what really seal the deal between Spain and Atlanta. It carried the perfect amount of aioli and the potatoes were flawlessly crunchy.

Eugenia Giampetruzzi

The "Jamon Serrano" from Barcelona Wine Bar was also Jamón  Ibérico de Bellota. The taste totally makes up for the portions.

Eugenia Giampetruzzi

The "Hanger Steak" includes medium rare cooked steak and a super yummy truffle sauce. It looks and tastes amazing. 

Eugenia Giampetruzzi

The "Spicy Beef Empanadas" tapa— the crunchiness is mouth-watering.

Not pictured: endless bread, a super fun staff, and countless other tapa and drink options on the menu.

Overall, despite the 4,312 mile distance and pretty different culture vibes, I’d say Barcelona Wine Bar brings a little piece of Spain over to the states.