Imagine cuddling up on the couch with your friends, watching one of your favorite movies with some buttery popcorn, and thinking… why can’t it be me drinking frozen hot chocolate with John Cusack? Well, here is your chance to discover New York City’s classic movie restaurants (unfortunately minus John) with this list of movies and their famous eateries.

Serendipity:

Serendipity 3: 225 E 60th St, New York, NY 10022

When you’re not looking for it, stumble upon Serendipity 3 as you roam through the streets of New York. Make sure to try their famous Frozen Hot Chocolate as John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale did at the noted “Star Table.” Who knows… it might just be serendipity.

When Harry Met Sally:

Katz’s Delicatessen: 205 E Houston St, New York, NY 10002

Oh, yes. Well known for Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan’s famous scene in When Harry Met Sally, Katz’s Delicatessen provides the best of diner tradition with their classic deli sandwiches. Believe me, you’ll want what they’re serving.

You've Got Mail:

Cafe Lalo: 201 W 83rd St, New York, NY 10024

Catch up with a friend at Cafe Lalo where Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks have their imminent meet-up in You've Got Mail. As they say, keep your friends close, and your enemies closer. 

The Devil Wears Prada:

Bubby’s: 120 Hudson Street and North Moore Street, Manhattan, NY

Step into Anne Hathaway's shoes and take a break from Miranda Presley's office to meet up with friends at Bubby's. Their well known pies sweeten the deal, and make Runway Magazine wish they weren't a size 2.  

New York is often the setting for movies with its epic architecture and dream-like essence. As popular as it is for a background, it will always be able to stand tall on its own. The exotic restaurants and imperfect people make New York itself always the star.