For the past 25 years, the beloved New York City establishment, Levain Bakery sold four types of cookies: Dark Chocolate Chocolate, Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip, Oatmeal Raisin, and Chocolate Chip Walnut.  

As a New York City native and devoted chocolate lover, I have been enjoying the cookies and baked goods from Levain for my entire life. These cookies were present at nearly every birthday celebration, family get-together, or holiday. 

A line out the door is a typical occurrence at Levain. Luckily, the bakery has expanded and added locations throughout NYC. There are now 6 locations in NYC. 

Not only are these cookies absolutely delicious, they are also huge--weighing in at 6 ounces, Levain's cookies measure about 4 inches wide and 2 inches tall. Nothing compares to their warm melted chocolate and gooey center. It's any chocolate lover's dream come true.

In late February, Levain Bakery announced that they would be adding a new cookie to their already impressive lineup. At their new store in NYC's NoHo neighborhood, Levain introduced the Two Chip Chocolate Chip Cookie.

This new cookie arrived after years of requests for a traditional no-frills chocolate chip cookie. While some people enjoy and love the Chocolate Chip Walnut cookie, many people (myself included) prefer not to have their cookie filled with nuts. 

The Two Chip answered all demands and exceeded all expectations. Unlike the Chocolate Chip Walnut, the Two Chip has a mix of two chocolate chips (and no walnuts!), hence the name, "two chip."

As soon as I heard about the new cookie, I made my way down to NoHo to try it out. The cookie costs $4, which is expensive for one cookie, but definitely worth it.

It was incredible. A chocolate-filled smile grew on my face. I had never tasted a chocolate chip cookie that was as complex, chocolatey, large, and delicious as this one.

The addition of the Two Chip cookie elevates my love for Levain to an even higher level. Up until now, I could never pick a favorite cookie at Levain. The Two Chip came into my life and changed everything. It is hands-down my favorite cookie that Levain has to offer. 

I can guarantee that any person that likes chocolate chip cookies will love Levain's Two Chip Cookie. And if chocolate chip cookies aren't your thing, you are bound to find something you like, whether it be one of Levain's other four cookies or their delicious baked goods. 

While the Two Chip is not currently available for shipping on the website, they are being sold at all open locations. The original four cookies are available for shipping within the United States.