Delhi University is incomplete without its ravishing fests. The month of February and March is a time to celebrate art, dance, drama, words, photos and music. One of the first fiestas is hosted by Lady Shri Ram for Women, its annual cultural fest TARANG.

TARANG’18 from 2nd-4th February, revolved around the words Think. Believe. Feel. Act. 3 days of exquisite events and star performances, this year TARANG had a lot of exciting things to offer. With the trending hashtag as 'EK ROOHAANI SOCH’ we experienced vibrant vibes all that time. 

Karan Kapoor

What's in store?

The fest kicked off with a discussion about UNgendering Indian Cinema with an intellectual dialogue between artists like Ratna Pathak Shah and Rahul Bose. Day 1 included events like photo exhibition and a powerful word event. The day ended with a soulful performance at the pro-night stage of Shubh Saran and his band.

The next two days had exciting events like quiz, comic art workshop and the zealous nukkad natak performances. The highlight of the fest was EDM night by Lost Stories and a rocking performance by Antariksh concluded the 2018 carnival. The audience was gagged up by the standup of Anirban Dasgupta and his corporate laughter club. We grooved on some tunes of silent disco, shaking a hand and leg on dhinchak bollywood numbers.

Priyaank Sharma
Priyaank Sharma

Did you just say food? 

Food is another important thing we look upto in fests. TARANG had an eat street with scrumptious stalls like Wafflesome, Chicago Pizza and our very own and dear Hunger Strike for all the tandoori momo fans. The eat street offered bits of delights to keep the students pumped up the entire day to relish the thrilling evening. 

Priyaank Sharma
Priyaank Sharma
Karan Kapoor

Apart from food stalls, junk jewelry and customized notebooks kept the students in marvel. As Tarang hosts a vibrant audience every year, its scale and magnificence reaches new heights. If you want a break from regular college lectures and delve into the fest season then LSR Tarang is surely your thing. So mark your dates and save up some energy to enjoy the trendiest fest of year! Until next year, see you at Tarang'19!