For students home for the summer or living in Philadelphia for an internship opportunity, there is more to the city than just Center City Sips (a go-to spot for millennials wishing to binge drink in business professional attire).

Dine at these local spots and enjoy a well-deserved meal after logging some hours in the office. Center City District has 412 outdoor dining cafes just in the downtown area. 

1. Old City: Revolution House

This multi-story bar and restaurant is the ideal spot to hit for a happy hour drink and snack after you clock out. Designed in order to bring in aspects of historic Philadelphia, you can get the most out your summer in the city and include some history alongside your guacamole and cocktail.

2. Rittenhouse: Vernick Food & Drink

If you're staying in Philadelphia this summer, make room in your schedule and your bank account to try the #1 spot in the city: Vernick.

Courtesy of chef and owner Gregory Vernick, Vernick is the best spot for seasonal creations. According to the Washington Post, "chef-owner Gregory Vernick has a knack for taking the best of each season and turning it into something you can't wait to repeat."

The menu ranges from small to large plates, complete with an additional raw menu and section specifically dedicated to "things on toast." Repeatedly drowned in outstanding accolades, Vernick is a highly demanded reservation in town.

3. Rittenhouse: A.Kitchen

Located directly on Rittenhouse Square, A.Kitchen is a great spot to look out and people watch. Sit in the open air seating and enjoy one of the best contemporary American restaurants in the city. 

4. Washington Square: Talula's Garden

Looking out on Washington Square Park, Talula's Garden is the perfect scenic spot for dinner in the city. Nestled in a picturesque garden, the outdoor seating Talula's offers is intimate and warm. With a menu that changes with the seasons, you can never go too often. 

5. Old City: Stratus Lounge

As one of the only rooftop spots in Philadelphia, Stratus Lounge resembles many of the swanky rooftop open air bars you can find in the Big Apple. Stop here after work for happy hour deals from 5PM-8PM, where you can get $5 glasses of Prosecco, $6 craft beers, and other steals. 

Explore the City of Brotherly Love this summer through the restaurants this foodie haven offers.