Owned by Cracker Barrel, Holler & Dash is a new southern biscuit chain restaurant that just opened up a branch on The Strip, and it's all the rage here in Title Town. But Holler & Dash is no average biscuit restaurant. Unlike Cracker Barrel, Holler & Dash's demographic is more millennial based.

Holler & Dash has a very eclectic range of biscuits on the menu, exotic housemade craft sodas, plenty of biscuit alternatives, and the iced tea is off the chain.

chocolate, tea, coffee
Kate Steiner

If you're in the mood for something sweet, try the "Strawberry and Dash" biscuit. Fresh cut strawberries and homemade whipped creole cream cheese on an open-faced biscuit.

If you like mostly savory with a little bit of sweet, try the "Kickback Chicken." It's Fried chicken, Grade-A goat cheese with no additives, and pepper jelly that has quite a kick to it.

A photo posted by k8 steiner (@k8bytheocean__) on

If you're feelin' spicy, try the "Chicken. Set. Go." It's fried chicken, pimento cheese, and three small jalapeño slices topped with sorghum on a biscuit. It's my personal favorite because of it's incredible contrast. Every other bite tastes a little different than the first, and it's a party in your mouth.  

If you love spicy food, try the "Chicken Holler." Fried chicken, cheddar cheese, pickles, and hot sauce sandwiched on a biscuit—how could you ever go wrong with that? The hot sauce comes in "medium, hot, or make 'em holler." Disclaimer: the medium is pretty damn hot to begin with, so keep that in mind if you've got sensitive taste buds.

Those are just a few of many options, and if you find these options on the menu to be a little too extraordinary, you can create your own more standard biscuit. Holler & Dash likes to accommodate. But don't be the one guy or gal that orders something so overly basic that it puts the Holler & Dash name to shame. You wouldn't go to Baskin Robbins and order a single scoop of vanilla in a cup, right?

Holler & Dash is extremely dedicated to only supporting farms that treat and butcher their animals humanely. You won't sink your teeth into anything that has been mistreated like the disturbing stuff you see in the movie Food, Inc. Most of the artisan suppliers they use are small, family-owned businesses. None of that corporate capitalist bullshit.

If you don't have time to holler and need to dash, you can skip the line and order at the kiosk at the front of the store, or you can order online

Oh, by the way, I work here. Come visit me!

cake
Kate Steiner