Boston, Massachusetts has some of the best places to eat in the country. Growing up in the Boston area my whole life, I have been #blessed enough to eat my way through the city. From bougie 5-stars to hole-in-the-wall gems, I've just about tasted them all.

However, I find myself re-visiting these 12 hole-in-the-walls the most, and they serve up some pretty crazy, but tasty cuisine. Whether you're a Boston local or just visiting, these spots are not to be missed (though I might be a bit biased).

1. Trinas Starlite Lounge 

Trinas Starlite Lounge's 'croque-mac-DAMN!' is enough for you try this restaurant. Fried mac n' cheese, over easy eggs, chorizo, and arugula on Texas Toast, this breakfast sandwich is the definition of hangover food. With many other drool-worthy options for brunch, like 'apple danish french toast,' Trina's should be your Sunday brunch spot. Trina's has even been featured on Food Network's "Diner's, Drive Ins and Dives," so you know it's legit.

2. BRONWYN

BRONWYN restaurant, located in Somerville, features the cuisine of Germany, and Central and Eastern Europe. The Mondays-only "Bron-Burger" has been featured in Zagat's 10 Best Burgers in Boston, so it's obviously a must-try. 

3. Gourmet Dumpling House

Located in Chinatown, The Gourmet Dumpling House should be be #1 on your list if you love Chinese food. Featuring authentic Chinese food, The Gourmet Dumpling house is usually packed. You might have to wait for a table, but it's totally worth it for the dumplings and the 'General Tso's.' The Gourmet Dumpling House doesn't even have their own website, so you know it's a real hole-in-the-wall. 

4. The Daily Catch 

With three locations throughout Boston, there is no excuse not to try The Daily Catch. A Sicilian-style pasta and seafood restaurant, The Daily Catch has an extensive menu with many different options for everyone.

If you're looking for pasta and seafood at once, the 'Lobster Fra Diavolo' (pictured above), is to die for. A dish consisting of a 1 1/4 lb live lobster, littlenecks, mussels, shrimp, and linguine calamari in a seafood tomato sauce, is a seafood-lover's paradise. 

5. Little Donkey 

Little Donkey serves small dishes inspired by different places around the globe. Even though the plates are small, the dishes are worth it. With everything from pizza bagels to matza ball ramen, Little Donkey is unlike any other restaurant. The desserts range from chocolate chip cookie dough to milk espuma (aka milk foam), meaning you will leave Little Donkey completely satisfied.  

6. Hojoko 

Located in The Verb Hotel, Hojoko is a Japanese-style tavern that serves up sushi, ramen, and frozen cocktails. They even have a midnight munchies menu with fried chicken and a bacon-wrapped hot dog. Located close to Fenway Park, this place is the perfect place to stop after a Sox's game.   

7. Mike & Pattys

Boston's highest-rated breakfast shop, Mike & Patty's, is the perfect early morning spot. Their sandwiches, like the "Breakfast Fried Crack" ( fried egg, bacon, american, cheddar and gruyere on buttered sourdough), are unlike any other breakfast sandwich you've ever tried.

Mike & Patty's also lets you order online for takeout and delivery, in case you can't find a seat in the cute corner café. In true hole-in-the-wall restaurant fashion, this spot is small and modest. 

8. Avana Sushi 

Located in a small food court with just one other restaurant, Avana Sushi is a true hole-in-the-wall. Avana features all the classics of a normal sushi restaurant, and is a simple place. With fresh ingredients and fast service, Avana should be your first spot if no frills eating is your thing. 

9. Ernesto's 

Located in Boston's North End, Ernesto's Pizza is affordable and unique, staying genuine to the hole-in-the-wall restaurant biz. Ernesto's has a small menu featuring only pizza and salad, but the specialty pizzas, like the 'Chicken Roni Ricotta' (chicken, pepperoni, seasoned ricotta, and mozzarella), will have you dying to come back.

10. Zaftigs 

My personal favorite, Zaftig's, a Jewish delicatessen, does not compare to any other brunch spot. You can't go wrong with anything from the extensive menu, but the potato pancakes, challah french toast, and fresh cheese blintzes are a serious, yet totally-worth-it carb overload. Speaking from experience, you'll definitely want to have all three. 

11. Friendly Toast 

Another unreal brunch spot, The Friendly Toast, has a huge menu with crazy stacks of pancakes, like the "King Cakes," which is two pancakes with bananas and chocolate chips inside, peanut butter in between, real whipped cream on top, and a side of bacon. If that's not enough to convince you, The Friendly Toast also has crepes, waffles, and six different kinds of eggs Benedict.

12. La Famiglia Giorgio's

Another one of my personal favorites, La Famiglia Giorgio's, is the best Italian food I have ever had. The family restaurant specializes in Roman cooking — aka huge portions of anything on their massive menu. They have 24 options for appetizers alone, but the bruschetta is the best, if you're asking me. With 21 sauces for seven different types of pasta, there is truly something for every carb lover here. 

These best hole-in-the-wall restaurants offer something for everyone's tastebuds, and won't break your bank account. Try one or try them all, and you be the judge as to what YOUR favorite is (I couldn't decide). If you're super dedicated, I bet you can even do it in one weekend — I know I could.