Last Thursday, I was fortunate enough to attend the launch party for the Hoboken Happy Hours App at McSwiggans' monthly happy hour! This new app will help you find deals for bars in the area, like 1/2 price drinks and unlimited mini burgers. So, I had to check out if these deals were real steals by trying out these 1/2 priced drinks myself (for journalism, of course)!

1/2 Priced Drinks

Emily Raque

The drink deals for the night were 1/2 off Bud Light, Jameson shots, or any vodka drink. The two vodka tonics I bought were $7.75 altogether, and a pair of Bud Lights plus a pair of Jameson shots were all under $15!

Unlimited Mini Burgers

Emily Raque

Anything good in life is made even better when it is unlimited (at least with food) and these little morsels were no exception. These sliders were served plain with ketchup on the side. Even though they were definitely not enough to constitute a full meal, were the perfect pair for downing those 1/2 priced drinks. 

Entertainment

There is a little something for everyone at McSwiggans; pool, music for dancing, and sports games from coast to coast are shown. The music selection was on point for dancing, though too loud for lengthy conversations. The sports games playing on the televisions included everything from hockey, to basketball, to baseball. Although not present when I went, McSwiggans even features live bands!

Atmosphere

Overall, McSwiggans is a lively bar with a club-like vibe. It was fairly crowded for a Thursday night, but it was clean and perfectly temperature controlled. 

You can find more Hoboken drink deals and events like this one with the Hoboken Happy Hours - Bars App for iPhone (coming soon to Android) where you can set your favorite bars and your atmosphere preferences and get personalized recommendations! Also, you can scroll through a calendar of special events and lifestyle articles.

Special thanks to @hashtagfoodpic for recommending this event to us!