Don't feel like dining at a restaurant? Need a break from dining hall food? Is your wallet looking sad from all the sample sales you went to last weekend? We totally get that. Well, here's good news. We found you some food trucks around Columbia University that you could grab a meal for less than 10 dollars.

Most of the food trucks are on Broadway near 119th street. You can find them Monday through Friday, from around noon until 4 or 7 in the evening depending on the food truck. Here are some cheap, quick, and delicious meals you can grab from the food trucks around Columbia University.

1. Uncle Luoyang

Sally Eun Ji Son

Uncle Luoyang has a restaurant on Amsterdam Avenue and 116th Street that is open 7 days a week. You can try some of Uncle Luoyang's dishes from the food truck near campus on weekdays. Uncle Luoyang's food truck is on Broadway and 119th. 

The most popular lunch menu at Uncle Luoyang is the 3-dishes-over-rice combo that you can get for just $7. The line may seem long during lunch, but you'll have your food in no time, since the lunch combo items are made in advance and ready to be served. Some of the items to try are braised pork ribs, tomato and eggs, and salt and pepper fish.

Sally Eun Ji Son

2. Kalbi

Sally Eun Ji Son

Kalbi is a Korean food truck that is also on Broadway and 119th. It's a cute and small food truck, and your order will be ready pretty fast. Kalbi is only open until around 4:40, so it's a good option for lunch or late lunch.

Kalbi doesn't have a long list of items on the menu, making life easier for indecisive people like myself. I recommend trying the kimchi fried rice with pork topped with fried egg. With just $8, you'll have a filling meal that will keep you going through your afternoon classes and study sessions. 

Sally Eun Ji Son

3. Miracle Thai Express

Sally Eun Ji Son

Feeling tired from waking up early? How about some pad see ew with chicken from Miracle Thai Express for just $7? Miracle Thai Express is another small food truck located on Broadway and 119th, next to other food trucks. Miracle Thai Express serves staple Thai dishes such as pad thai, pad see ew, and drunken noodles.

My favorite part about Miracle Thai Express is that every lunch entrée comes with a free cup of Thai iced tea. I assure you that a refreshing cup of Thai iced tea will pick you up after that long lecture in the morning. 

Sally Eun Ji Son

4. Jan's Express

Sally Eun Ji Son

Unlike the other food trucks around Columbia University mentioned above, Jan's Express is located on 120th Street and Broadway, in front of the Northwest Corner Building and across from the Teachers College. It is one of many Halal carts you can find around Columbia University

My go-to item from Jan's Express is chicken over rice with both white and red sauce. It's not only delicious but also just $5! A few days ago, I ordered an iced latte from a local coffee shop, and it was $6. With that said, this yummy $5 meal is incredible.

Sally Eun Ji Son

These are some of the food trucks around Columbia University. Don't be afraid to check these food trucks out and try a new dish for lunch next time.