Walt Disney World, one of the most popular tourist attractions in the world, is known for its high prices, crazy crowds, kind staff, and countless themed rides and hotels. However, a lesser known fact (and maybe the most important) is their huge selection of exotic and wonderful food, namely snacking, around Disney's World Showcase. 

While running from one ride to the next, tourists often overlook the magical spread of goodies. And, there’s an added bonus: unlike the attractions, these delectable snacks don’t require an hour-long wait. Whether it’s a warm, delectable cinnamon roll from Gaston’s Tavern in Magic Kingdom, or a taste of the dark side with a rich Darth Vader mousse cupcake in Hollywood Studios, there’s something for everyone. However, it is the park with the giant golf ball that just might be the #1 Disney place for every fellow foodie. But, don't just take my word for it.

Epcot boasts 11 countries, with each region offering snacks that are authentic and unique to their specific area. These delicacies are ones that you otherwise might not get a chance to try. Here are just a few necessities that you'll definitely want to mark on your map the next time you find yourself in Walt Disney World.

Mexico: Churritos with Caramel Sauce

cake, pastry, sweet, cinnamon, churros, bread, toast, cream
Liz Joyce

This picture immediately makes my mouth water as I imagine the perfect blend of cinnamon and sugar dusting the perfectly crunchy fried dough. To top it all off, instead of the traditional chocolate sauce, these mini churros come with a side of caramel dipping sauce, as if you didn't already need an excuse to try them. These beauties can be purchased at La Cantina de San Angel, along with a plethora of other enticing choices.

Norway: Viking Mousse 

Instead of waiting for an hour in the Frozen Ever After line, you should grab a chair and take your time reveling in the Viking Mousse. You can find this tantalizing sweet at Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe. You definitely won’t be regretting the decision as you take your first bite into that creamy and rich mousse, transporting you to a decadent chocolate heaven. Plus, you have plenty of time to check out the other delicacies while you wait. For instance, the School Bread is also a fan favorite, and definitely worth trying.

The American Adventure: Strawberry Topped Funnel Cake

I have fond memories of my siblings and I attacking Disney funnel cakes, shoveling the sugary morsels in an effort to eat as much as we could before it was gone. They are that good. However, I don't recommend that method, and instead suggest taking your time enjoying every decadent bite of this fried, powdered sugar-topped perfection. And, as pictured above, there are lots of different topping options that can make the experience that much more enjoyable. If you're still hungry by this point around the world, The Funnel Cake Stand in America is going to be a necessary stop.

France: The Napoleon

Before my last trip down to the sunshine state, I figured I'd do some research on the food scene, determined to try the very best that Disney had to offer. I kept stumbling across The Napoleon, a dessert that dominated countless sites. After finally trying this legendary dessert at Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie, I have to admit that this perfect combination of flaky, crispy and creamy did not disappoint. You're going to want to save room for this delicacy, as you have to try it out of principle; there's no denying the crazy word-of-mouth hype it has generated over the years.

What are you waiting for?

These are just examples from four out of the 11 countries, all with cuisines that are just waiting for you to sample. Snacking around Disney's World Showcase is definitely a thing, and you do not want to miss out.

So, next time you buy into the Disney hype and travel all the way to Florida, make it worth your investment of time and money. Expand your horizons and check out the many unique food options. Though this article focused primarily on snacks, the dining options are just as amazing (definitely check out 'Ohana!) However, enter these bakeries and restaurants at your own risk: I can’t promise that you won’t get addicted.