As one of Canada’s busiest and most hip hop happening cities, there is always something to do in Toronto. From concerts and fancy ice cream, to shopping and museums, there is never a shortage of activities to choose from. This past weekend was Taste Toronto’s Taco Fest and it did not disappoint.

With 14 stations to choose from and a whole lot of sombreros circulating, Taco Fest definitely lived up to its name.

taco fest

Photo by Natalie Pressman

As if a festival dedicated to tacos wouldn’t be enough to keep you entertained, there was a rockin’ mariachi band and a flamenco dancer wearing enough layers to make me sweat just watching her in 30°C weather.

taco fest

Photo by Natalie Pressman

Old El Paso sponsored a mechanical taco, and yes, you read that right. Similar to a mechanical bull, you could try your hand at riding the taco with the option to dress in colourful ponchos and stick on moustaches, winning an Old El Paso prize no matter how impressive or embarrassing your ride may have been. Save a horse, ride a taco.

taco fest

Photo courtesy of @thetacofest on Instagram

As for the edible tacos, they were amazing. I mean, truly next level.

The festival had everything from your classic chicken, beef, and fish tacos to more adventurous bites like cactus, chocolate and coffee braised beef tacos, smoked tofu, cauliflower, mac and cheese tacos and Doritos tacos. With clearly marked veggie, vegan and gluten free options, this was everyone’s happy place.

taco fest

Photo by Natalie Pressman

But wait, there’s more. Oh yes, the joy continues with dessert tacos. I know, I didn’t think it could get any better either, but these bad boys have a waffle shell with cheesecake and buttercream, crushed Oreos, Nutella and Swedish Berry jalapeño drizzle.

Don’t worry, I’ll wait while you take that in.

If all that isn’t really your thing, there was also a gourmet ice pop stand to fulfill that dessert craving while keeping you cool. With pop flavours including; blueberry mojito, Mexican hot chocolate and peach bourbon lemonade to name only a few, there was really nothing ordinary about this festival.

taco fest

Disneyland ain’t got nothing on taco fest ‘cause this is truly the happiest place on earth.

taco fest

Photo by Natalie Pressman