For those of you who are lucky enough to still be in Ann Arbor for Spring term, you know that it’s finally warm. The tundra is no longer, and naturally, that means we want ice cream all of the time. That’s why we’re here to tell you about all of the wonderful ice cream options that Ann Arbor has to offer.

1. Ben & Jerry’s

ice cream

Photo by Meredith Davin

With a plethora of flavors, Ben & Jerry’s has something for everyone. Last year, Ben & Jerry’s debuted their BRRR-ito, which consists of two scoops of ice cream, topped with chocolate cookie crumbles, drizzled in fudge and rolled into a soft waffle wrap. If you weren’t able to try one last year, now is your time.

2. Blank Slate Creamery

ice cream

Photo by Zoe Zaiss

If you’ve never heard of Blank Slate, you either don’t go to Michigan or you live under a rock. Blank Slate has the most unique flavors in all of Ann Arbor, ranging from Blackberry Riesling Sorbet, to Blueberry Pancake and even Fresh Basil. Although it’s a bit of a walk from campus, it is definitely worth it, especially now that the weather is nice.

#SpoonTip: Make sure to get your ice cream in one of their homemade waffle cones.

3. Iorio’s Gelateria

ice cream

Photo by Alex Weiner

Although it’s not technically ice cream, Iorio’s serves a ton of gelato flavors. It was started by two University of Michigan alumni, whose family comes from Morrone del Sannio, Italy. In addition to gelato, Iorio’s also sells espresso beverages, including Affogato, which is a shot of espresso poured over gelato.

4. Kilwin’s Chocolates

Photo by Zoe Zaiss

Although it’s a bit off of the beaten path, down on the corner of Liberty and Main, you’ll find Kilwin’s, and it is definitely worth the walk. Since 1983, Kilwin’s has been serving delicious handmade chocolates and homemade fudge, and later, they expanded to sell ice cream, too. Although they don’t have as many unique flavors as Blank Slate, they do the classics very well, and the mouthwatering smell of the store is sure to get you inside.

5. Stucchi’s Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt

ice cream

Photo by Alex Weiner

Stucchi’s has been around since 1986 and is located right next to Ben & Jerry’s on State Street. Stucchi’s is a local shop, and almost all of their products come from manufacturers in Michigan. They serve a wide variety of flavors, and if it is snowing outside, you get free sprinkles, (which hopefully won’t happen for a long time).

6. Washtenaw Dairy

ice cream

Photo courtesy of @spoon_michigan on Instagram

If you love huge scoops, this is the place for you. Seriously, their portions are giant. They carry a wide variety of Stroh’s Ice Cream flavors, and in addition to delicious ice cream, they serve eight different flavors of donuts.

#SpoonTip: Go with a friend and try both.