I first had Harvest & Hearth pizza on a date. I was a bit skeptical, because I really love pizza, and I hate when restaurants serve up a less-than-fantastic slice. Fortunately, Harvest & Hearth exceeded expectations, and now it’s all I talk about. Pizza is a classic. I truly enjoy pizza when it is has a perfect thin crust, and Harvest & Hearth really captures the essence of gourmet, thin crust pizza.

Their pizza comes in two sizes, the large and the small, which is about the size of a dinner plate. Both sizes are personal-sized pizzas, it’s just that one leaves you leftovers for the next day. Their menu is quite simple and features soups, salads, and, of course, specialty pizzas.

Harvest & Hearth

Photo courtesy of @bitemeshowny on Insatgram

We both ordered the large Hearth House pizza – “homemade organic tomato sauce, all natural whole milk mozzarella and asiago cheese with fresh organic herbs” – with half the pizza topped with caramelized onions and fresh garlic. Amaze.

If you like to dip your crust in olive oil, like me, don’t forget to ask for it; a splash of balsamic vinegar tastes great too. The pizza was the perfect amount of doughy-ness and crispiness, not too cheesy, and full of goodness and delicious flavors. I’d like to add that it was very easy to pick up and eat with your hands, but definitely acceptable to eat with a fork and knife if you’d prefer that.

Harvest & Hearth

Photo courtesy of @gwenivinsdesign on Instagram

If the pizza isn’t a good enough reason to get your booty here, the exquisite lake view should convince you to visit. If you are dining outside during the summer season, just beware that once the sun goes down the mosquitoes come out, so be prepared.

Additionally, Harvest & Hearth strives to use primarily local and organic ingredients from all over New York and New England. Their seasonal specials are a reflection of this goal. Even better, their pizza is even cooked in a wood-fired oven as well.

Harvest & Hearth

Photo courtesy of @christinecchang on Insatgram

If you live in the Saratoga region, it’s important to note that Harvest & Hearth is closed on Mondays (which is totally understandable because who actually likes Mondays?).

Overall, Harvest & Hearth is a fun spot to eat pizza with friends and family, and definitely with bae too.