Eating healthy on a busy day is not always easy. Convenience never seems to come in a leafy green form, and is instead delivered in the form of the fried variety available via drive-thru windows. Or at least it was until now.

Untitled

Photo by Paulina Lam

Kiss the days of on-the-go Whoppers and Big Macs goodbye, and say hello to Greengo’s! 4 words: Organic, Local, Wholesome and Fast. Before, if you wanted something fast, it was most likely going to be an unhealthy option, but Greengo’s is all about providing real, sustainable, healthy and balanced meals to its customers. With a registered dietitian on hand, Greengo’s does an exceptional job of creating flavorful and nutritionally balanced meals and snacks.

Untitled

Photo by Paulina Lam

The menu is pretty easy to decode. Each item is a combo of delicious and fresh ingredients that can be ordered as a wrap, with your choice of spinach or wheat tortilla, or a salad. All dressings are made in house, and are all low-fat, easy on the calories and without additives.

A few of my favorites are lemon-garlic and carrot-ginger. You can also choose to add extra protein. Either mesquite grilled, BBQ or spicy marinaded chicken, chicken-avocado salad (a no mayo, healthier variation), or hard boiled eggs. All of these are local and free range. Greengo’s most popular salad is a new menu addition, The Ranch Hand, with mixed greens, corn, avocado chunks, grape tomatoes, blue corn tortilla strips, all-natural BBQ chicken and low-fat chipotle-ranch dressing.

Photo by Paulina Lam

Photo by Paulina Lam

The second most popular item is my personal favorite, the Mega Mexicali, complete with mixed greens, black beans, corn, grape tomatoes, jicama, avocado, feta cheese, blue corn tortilla strips and low-fat agave-paprika dressing.

Untitled

Photo by Paulina Lam

Got a sweet tooth? Try a tiny, 63-calorie, pumpkin protein cake for a dollar. If you have time, take a few home and throw them in the fridge! They taste wonderful cold.

Next time you are pinched for time, skip the unhealthy drive thru window and go to Greengo’s!!

cheap

Location: 404 W. 26th St.
Hours: 10am-8pm

Check out a few of Austin’s other great eats: