From the outside, Greek Corner in Cambridge looks pretty standard as far as restaurants go. It serves Greek food and is located on a corner, as straightforward as it gets. What's going on inside though will definitely surprise you. 

tea, coffee
Surina Mehta

The restaurant holds about 25 tables with iconic Grecian blue accents makes the place come alive. The decor is memorable on its own but the outstanding food makes the trip to Greek Corner so worth it. 

beer, coffee, cake, pizza, tea
Surina Mehta

Spanakopita is a classic Greek dish, and Greek Corner's doesn't disappoint. The flaky layers of phyllo dough and the creamy spinach come together better than the Beatles could've ever imagined. You're going to want to order one per person, because sharing just isn't an option. 

bread, fish, vegetable, cheese, meat, seafood
Surina Mehta

Saganaki was invented at The Parthenon in Chicago's famous Greektown. Unfortunately, they closed their doors this year after almost 50 years in business. But have no fear, Greek Corner in Cambridge can satisfy all of your flaming cheese needs.

The style at Greek Corner was different than Chicago's, but the dish was delicious nonetheless. It comes to the table with a low flame and a lemon on top, rather than the iconic "OPA!" scene when the frying pan goes up in a brief flame.

soup, cream, sweet, dairy product, french onion soup, vegetable, bread
Surina Mehta

When at a Greek restaurant, you must get gyros. The combo of beef and lamb had the perfect crisp on the outside edges and chewy in the center. The salad on the side was a refreshing contrast to the meaty gyros and tzatziki dip

tacos, chicken, kebab, meat
Surina Mehta

Their Falafel Pita sandwich was full of texture and spice. The falafel wasn't the classic ball shape you're probably used to. Greek Corner's take is crumbly and crispy, and it balances out the creamy hummus and warm pita. 

Crispy fries and feta crumbles are another dish you're not going to want to share. 

meat, sauce
Surina Mehta

The food and the ambiance was everything you could ask from a Greek restaurant. Oh, and while you eat, you are watched over by the King of Flavortown. 

tea, coffee, pizza, beer
Surina Mehta