Picture a snowy day in Boston. Limited MBTA accessibility, heavy flurries, and black ice covering the ground. But two girls were hungry for lunch, and their trek led them to Farmer Horse Coffee.

sandwich

Photo by Sarah Silbiger

(Notice the above Bostonians huddling into their puffy jackets.)

We walk into this intimate space to find a very relaxed, warm setting for the cold and snowy day. A wall of old records greeted us as we walked up to place our orders.

sandwich

Photo by Sarah Silbiger

Although we already knew what we were ordering, we gazed at the captivating chalkboard menu for a while. There was a mutual understanding that we would have to come back to this place to try out the other options.

sandwich

Photo by Sarah Silbiger

This menu is filled with farm fresh ingredients and locally purchased meats. Their high selling item is their bagel sandwich combos, but these bright and pure lunch sandwiches are perfect for anyone from meat-lovers to vegans.

sandwich

Photo by Sarah Silbiger

After we were done peeking over the grill to get a whiff of the roasting sweet potatoes, we sat down at a long wooden booth and looked at the people passing by the frosted windows.

And then.

It was sandwich time.

sandwich

Photo by Sarah Silbiger

The Sweet Potato Sandwich. Sweet potato, tomato, goat cheese, raw red onion, raw green pepper, avocado, spinach, and honey all on a thin cut wheat bread.

The goat cheese was silky smooth on the bread, and the fresh cut spinach soaked up all the juiciness from the tomatoes and sweet potato.

Oh, and the coffee was delicious. This dark roast was the perfect pick me up. It was sharp, full bodied coffee wasn’t too rich. Whether you’re a seasoned expert or a newbie to high quality coffee, this is one that we can all enjoy.

This spot is the perfect local substitute for those big brand cafés that the world would be better off with less of. Fresh food, exceptional coffee, good vibes. Can’t get much better than this place.

How you will feel when you realize you finished your sandwich and it’s gone:

sandwich