Sitting on The Square is Grazie! Italiano, Bloomington’s favorite Italian restaurant since its opening in 1999. Known as a fancier destination, Grazie! is actually more casual than students may think. You can get reasonably priced pastas and also dine during lunch off their smaller menu. Grazie! doesn’t just have pasta though, they offer some great antipasti, meat, seafood, sandwich, pizza, soup and salad choices.

Grazie! Italiano

Photo by Stephanie Marchuk

Popular appetizers include Italian classics like garlic bread and bruschetta but also steamed mussels and clams. They are served in tomato broth along with crusty bread for dipping.

Some favorite entrees are the beautiful pan roasted salmon filet and also the wild mushroom tortellini. Of course diners can always go for classics like spaghetti and meatballs, chicken parmesan and fettuccine alfredo.

Grazie! Italiano

Photo courtesy of Grazie! Italiano

Another great feature of Grazie! is their bar located inside the restaurant. This side of the restaurant has a more sophisticated ambiance with dimmed lights. Half-price wine is available every Wednesday and Sunday for anyone looking for a good deal.

Grazie! Italiano

Photo by Stephanie Marchuk

Grazie! can be used for formal events with their private rooms and is a good place to take parents when they visit town. Most of the time you don’t even need to make a reservation, you can just walk in and get seated. However it is recommended to make reservations on their OpenTable during busy times of the year (graduation, etc.).

A menu update is in the works to improve on their already extensive menu so be on the lookout (Instagram and Twitter) for some exciting dishes. Buon Appetito!