Granada Hotel & Bistro recently opened Nourish, a healthy takeaway eatery downtown San Luis Obispo in November 2017. Granada's new sister spot is attached to the urban, boutique hotel and exclusively offers fresh, local and soul-satisfying meals for high-performance lifestyles.

This trendy, healthy eatery is perfect for college students as it offers a selection of homemade food on-the-go. Instead of turning to traditional fast food chains, Nourish is a healthy option for people with a busy schedule.

As stated on its website, Nourish’s mission is “simply to power our busy lives with health-centric dishes to make us feel and perform our best without compromising on being delicious.”

Their innovative dishes are carefully curated to meet individual preferences without having to sacrifice flavor or creativity, providing a selection of gluten-free, dairy-free, Vegan and Paleo options.

Their extensive and trendy menu is California-driven with vibrant international accents which tastefully compliments their chic, modern atmosphere.

The fresh and fast on-the-go restaurant offers locally grown, nutrient rich and ethically sourced cuisine inspired by the active culture of the Central Coast.

Whether you want to indulge in a nutritious smoothie or a hearty sandwich, Nourish is a great alternative to eating fast food. Conveniently located downtown on Morro Street, you can stop by to pick up a quick breakfast or lunch during the week from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.

What's on the Menu

Whether you are looking for a snack or full-on meal, Nourish has got you covered. With such an extensive menu, I have yet to order something I did not like.

For breakfast, my favorite dish is the Egg Sandwich with house cured bacon, heirloom tomato, goat cheese, and spicy greens served on levain or gluten-free bread. This tasty sandwich is a great way to start the morning, packed with enough protein to energize you for the entirety of the day. Plus, you can never go wrong with bacon and eggs.

For lunch, I usually indulge in the Nourish Bowl with red lentils, spinach, yams, chutney, spicy sauce and quinoa. If you're feeling saucy, you can even add a fried egg on top. This bowl is full of incredible flavors and healthy vegetables, plus it will keep you full for a large portion of the day so there's no need to snack later.

Now if you're just looking for a snack, I would highly recommend the Moroccan Eggs. These lightly pickled hard-boiled eggs are made with dukkah and other spices. Hard-boiled eggs are perfect for a mid-day snack as they are full of protein, low in calories and help control hunger.

If hard-boiled eggs aren't your thing, you can't go wrong with a smoothie. I tend to go for the green smoothie with kale, spinach, pineapple, cucumber, kaffir lime, banana, and dates. It's just the right amount of sweet with your daily dose of fruits and vegetables. Green smoothies offer a multitude of health benefits such as increased energy, improved digestion, and enhanced nutrient absorption.

At Nourish, you will feel revitalized whether you fuel your body with an energy-packed breakfast or nutrient-rich lunch. Their diverse menu is comprised of market-fresh produce and rotating seasonal ingredients to satisfy all of your cravings, year-round.