If you’re looking for a little country flare, make your way to this honkey-tonk venue for brunch, for dinner, or just a drink and some line dancing. Located across the street from Fenway Park, in the most stereotypically “Boston” area out there, Loretta’s Last Call transports you straight down to the South.

southern

Photo by Rachel Hartman

I found myself there for Sunday brunch, though it was Easter Sunday and not too crowded, it was a comfortable atmosphere with live folk music – featured every weekend at brunch. While enjoying the music, one of my friends got a Bloody Mary to start and raved that it was classic but also spicy with a nice bit to it too, and the presentation with a slice of cucumber and single okra nailed it.

We got the Sausage and Cheese Fritters with Bacon Ranch Deviled Eggs to start, which were spicy, doughy and sweet all at the same time.

Each of us ordered something different, and though I never can choose what to eat ,I was quickly interested in the House Smoked Turkey and Sweet Potato Hash because there’s something about sweet potatoes that always gets me hooked. A richer dish than I’m used to, but very complementary of the Southern cuisine, the entree was the perfect combination of sweet and savory, topped with two fried eggs.

southern

Photo by Rachel Hartman

One friend ordered the Peanut Butter and Banana Stuffed French Toast, which was rich and heavenly and everything you could dream about in a french toast. As a whipped cream lover, the Bourbon whipped cream that topped off the french toast was the best part.

Also ordered was the Pulled Pork and Jalapeño Frittata, which was drenched perfectly in barbecue sauce and served with a side of home fries.

southern

Photo courtesy of @spoon_boston on Instagram

Overall, the food was rich and delicious, and very much a taste of Southern comfort. And the best part of the experience on top of the food was the restaurant’s ability to make the atmosphere feel like the South, even the we were right at the home of the Red Sox.

southern

Photo by Rachel Hartman

Between the live music on weekends, and the free line dancing lessons on Tuesday nights, Loretta’s Last Call should make it to your restaurant list in Boston for when you’re feeling like taking a trip without the price of airfare.